Inviting djeggnog to discuss the blood doctrine

by jgnat 317 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Djeggnog invited me to start a new thread about the blood doctrine, which I am happy to do here. His objection was my statement,

"I've seen the Blood video, a deceiving mix of scripture, fearmongering and pseudoscience, with plenty of lab coats in view. The Watchtower society leaves the impression that bloodless alternatives are safe. Witnesses who follow this advice in good conscience put their lives at risk every day."

My thread, my rules. Name-calling distracts, so let's stick to the facts. Djeggnog, if you can put aside your native prejudices for a while, and imagine me sitting in your living room taking my words as an active, interested listener, we could have a valuable discussion.

I'll give you some context. I'm a fifty-something grandmother, round as a dumpling, with just a sprinkle of silver in my hair. My Canadian accent is warm, sounding mid-western to American ears.

P.S. DJEggnogg joined the conversation on page 4, when I was about to give up.

• moshe
    moshe

Great- I'm ready, too.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Can I listen in?

I'll start the tea and put out cookies.

• dgp
    dgp

I'm listening, too.

My hat's off to you, jgnat .

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks for your interest, guys. While we wait, so this doesn't get buried on page 10, feel free to post links to Watchtower materials about blood. Here's a video posted on their site, geared to outsiders. This is not the same as the blood video shared with Witnesses. I have a copy of that video here at home.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/vcnb/article_01.htm

• hubert
    hubert

I'll make some popcorn.

Hubert

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Here is one- how could reading the bible alone lead someone to this conclusion:

• garyneal
    garyneal

I'm game too but to be fair, I will be a silent observer as I do not want DJEGGNOG inundated with a bunch of posters.

with just a sprinkle of silver in my hair

Gees, I already have gray and I'm 39.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jgnat VS DjEggNogg..

My money is on Jgnat..

Let the Battle begin!..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Educated Non-Witness vs. Uneducated Sheep

Outlaw, you gotta give us odds man. At least 5,000 to 1.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit