Yes I'm serious

by dearone 22 Replies latest jw friends

• dearone
    dearone

Hello, I haven't posted for some time but am alway here. I hope that I can get some help with may talk and yes as the title says I am serious. I just don't have the energy to do all the research. It would be greatly appreciated. Below is the topic and supporting information. Thanks in advance.

Assignment No. 2:

Theme: What Can We Learn From the Example of Zelophehad’s Daughters? (Num. 36:10-12)

w082/15pp.4-5KeepJehovahBeforeYouConstantly

ObeyGodCompletely

9 KeepingJehovahinmindconstantlywillhelpustoobeyhim,andwewillreapblessingsasaconsequence. (Deut. 28:13; 1 Sam. 15:22) This calls for an obedient spirit. Consider the attitude of five fleshly sisters, the daughters of Zelophehad, who lived in Moses’ day. Among the Israelites, sons customarily received the inheritance from their fathers. The man Zelophehad died without sons, and Jehovah directed that these five women were to receive the entire inheritance—on one condition. They had to marry sons of Manasseh so that the inherited property would remain with the same tribe.—Num. 27:1-8; 36:6-8.

10 Zelophehad’s daughters had faith that things would work out well if they obeyed God. “Just as Jehovah had commanded Moses, that is the way the daughters of Zelophehad did,” says the Bible. “Accordingly Mahlah, Tirzah and Hoglah and Milcah and Noah, the daughters of Zelophehad, became the wives of the sons of their father’s brothers. To some of the families of the sons of Manasseh the son of Joseph they became wives, that their inheritance might continue together with the tribe of the family of their father.” (Num. 36:10-12) Those obedient women did what Jehovah commanded. (Josh. 17:3, 4) With similar faith, spiritually mature unmarried Christians obey God by marrying “only in the Lord.”—1 Cor. 7:39.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

What Can We Learn From the Example of Zelophehad’s Daughters?

If you are a woman and want to get ahead in life and make some serious money, be prepared to fuck random men along the way in order to get it!*

*and then say you were doing 'god's will'

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Hey, dearone. This may not be the site to go to for advice on a talk. While there are many people who would be happy to help you out, others are inclined to post moronic vitriol. Of course, you already see that now.

Peace.

• St George of England
    St George of England

*** w96 11/15 pp. 26-27 Are You Imitating Our Impartial God? ***

In the days of Moses, Jehovah’s impartiality manifested itself in a most interesting way in connection with the daughters of Zelophehad. These five women faced a dilemma pertaining to the inheritance of their father in the Promised Land. This was so because it was customary in Israel for land inheritance to be passed on through a man’s sons. However, Zelophehad died without leaving a son to receive an inheritance. The five daughters of Zelophehad therefore brought their request for impartial treatment before Moses, saying: “Why should the name of our father be taken away from the midst of his family because he had no son? O give us a possession in the midst of our father’s brothers.” Jehovah listened to their pleas and instructed Moses: “In case any man should die without his having a son, you must then cause his inheritance to pass to his daughter.”—Numbers 27:1-11.

What a loving impartial precedent! To ensure that the tribal inheritance not be passed on to another tribe when the daughters got married, they were required to marry only in “the family of the tribe of their fathers.”—Numbers 36:5-12.

*** it-2 pp. 1228-1229 Zelophehad ***

(Ze?lo′phe?had) [meaning, possibly, “Shadow (Shelter) From Dread”].
    A descendant of Manasseh through Machir, Gilead, and Hepher. (Nu 26:29-33) Zelophehad died during the 40-year wilderness wandering, not with “those who ranged themselves against Jehovah in the assembly of Korah, but for his own sin.” (Nu 27:3) He had no sons but was survived by five daughters: Mahlah, Noah, Hoglah, Milcah, and Tirzah, all of whom survived to enter the Promised Land.—Nu 27:1; 1Ch 7:15.

This special situation raised problems concerning the inheritance. When Zelophehad’s daughters requested their father’s share of the land in Manasseh, Moses brought their case before Jehovah. God’s judicial decision was that brotherless daughters should receive the family inheritance. (Nu 27:1-9; Jos 17:3, 4) Later, it was stipulated that these daughters had to marry men of their father’s tribe so that the inheritance would remain within the tribe.—Nu 36:1-12.

DON'T FORGET IT'S ONLY 5 MINUTES!

George

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I nominate SD-7 to write it for you....

I'm sure he could get you in plenty of trouble..

• sd-7
    sd-7

I nominate SD-7 to write it for you....

I'm sure he could get you in plenty of trouble..

Ha ha ha! Very true. If I have time, I might actually try my hand at it.

• sir82
    sir82
    What Can We Learn From the Example of Zelophehad’s Daughters?

Umm...that's it perfectly useless to draw life lessons from legends originated by bronze age goat herders?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Oh my goodness...

Loz x

• sd-7
    sd-7

What Can We Learn From Zelophehad's Daughters? (Num. 36:10-12)

Imagine being a woman in ancient Israel during the time of Moses. You experienced daily Jehovah's loving provisions and witnessed firsthand his righteous judgments against those who challenged his duly appointed authority and opposed his sovereignty. You heard from God's very channel of communication, Moses, the words of the Mosaic Law. What an enthralling experience it must have been!

Such was the experience of the daughters of the Israelite man Zelophehad. No doubt they deeply enjoyed serving Jehovah alongside their father for many years. Sadly, tragedy struck their family. Let's read Numbers 27:3. [Read.] These five women had lost their father, Zelophehad, in death! Evidently, Zelophehad died for his own sin; whether it was some specific transgression of the Law or his own imperfection, the Bible does not say. But notice the daughters' request in verse 4 of the same chapter. [Read Num. 27:4] What do we learn from this?

First, we learn that the daughters of Zelophehad trusted in those whom Jehovah has appointed. They appealed directly to Moses for help, rather than presumptuously taking over their father's household after his death. What does this teach us? In our time, major decisions may have to be made due to changing circumstances such as caring for ailing parents, a loss in the family, or some other matter. Rather than presuming that we know what is best for ourselves, why not seek scriptural counsel from Jehovah's loving shepherds, the "gifts in men" in the congregation, before making a decision? Doing so will help us to imitate the daughters of Zelophehad and show our humble trust in Jehovah.

Second, we see that the daughters of Zelophehad were willing to leave matters in Jehovah's hands. They presented their circumstances to Moses, and patiently awaited a judicial decision. Today, when the elders render a judicial decision or give us some needed counsel, do we leave matters in Jehovah's hands, confident that what he is telling us is for our benefit?

What was the end result for the daughters of Zelophehad? Let's read Numbers 36:10-12 to see. [Read.] What can we learn from what happened here? Well, the daughters of Zelophehad had to marry the brothers of their father. Doing so was Jehovah's requirement, but it may have presented certain challenges for them. Were these men loving, kind, faithful servants of Jehovah? Would their circumstances be less favorable materially? These and other concerns no doubt would have filled the minds of these young women. But rather than dwell on self-centered anxieties, the daughters of Zelophehad trusted in Jehovah and were confident that his decisions in their behalf were righteous. What can we learn from this?

Well, we are often exhorted by the "faithful and discreet slave" to simplify our lives as much as possible for the sake of expanding our ministry. Timely reminders regarding such matters as choosing a marriage mate, dress and grooming, and entertainment may also prove challenging to adhere to. But rather than allow selfish motives to influence our decisions, let us imitate the daughters of Zelophehad and faithfully submit to the directions given by Jehovah. Doing so will bring us an approved standing before Jehovah.

Today, we are living in an enthralling era as well, as the time fast approaches for Jehovah to execute his righteous judgments upon the wicked and establish his Kingdom here on earth. We are witnessing a global preaching work such as has never before occurred in human history. We daily enjoy refreshing reminders from God's Word and from Bible-based publications designed to fortify our resolve in this time of the end. Thus, may we imitate the daughters of Zelophehad in humbly trusting in Jehovah God, who will handle all matters to our eternal blessing in his own due time.

....Thank you, I'll be here all night

--sd-7

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Nice work! I knew you could do it...you were short a few FDS references however. I think the minimum is four FDS/GB references per talk these days!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit