Condemn the Adulterers Too

by Spade 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

poopsiecakes - "I've never seen as many scandals surrounding marriage and fidelity since leaving the witnesses as I did as one of them. And that's a fact."

Clearly, I was hanging with the wrong crowd; 'cause none of that action ever came my way.

• sir82
    sir82
    Does it escape anyone's notice that Jehovah's Witnesses maintain this consistency regarding divorce and remarriage? They do.

Except for cases where someone really really really wants a divorce, but has no "scriptural grounds" for it.

So they "play the game"...go off and get a little on the side, confess, and get DF'ed.

Then they put on their "repentant face" and are a good boy / good girl for the 6-12 months it takes to get resinstated.

Then they go off and get married to their preferred partner, no worse for the wear.

Don't pretend it doesn't happen - it happens hundreds of times every year, thousands and thousands and thousands of times over the course of decades.

JWs are no more (or less, I'll grant) moral that the average person. They just have to jump thru more hoops to get it to work the way they want.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Poopsie:

Clearly, someone who has never been in a congregation. I've never seen as many scandals surrounding marriage and fidelity since leaving the witnesses as I did as one of them. And that's a fact.

That was my experience, too.

I would just like to add that, although I once was an adulteress, ( what an archaic word that doesn't even come close to describing the mental distress I was in from being in an abusive relationship ) I was and am not, a practicer of adultery.

However, Spade (posting previously as Alice) revelled in throwing it in my face. I think the difference between the JW view of adultery and the Christian view of it...........

...........is forgiveness.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve heard it said..Many times..

If there was no Fornication or Adultry,in the WBT$ Jehovah`s Witness Cult..

"JW Elders would`nt have very much to to"..

Sex in Watchtower World keeps JW Elders "Fucking Busy"..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• mrquik
    mrquik

I find it interesting that the committees always love to throw around the verse that "Jehovah hates a divorcing". Evidently he must be OK with child molesters, hypocrites & prescription drug addicts. Having personally dealt as an elder with all of the above, I can speak with some authority. There are numerous cases where consistency went right out the window.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Jesus came to save, not righteous people, but sinners. Or so the Bible says. So it could be that the adulterers will walk ahead of the so-called righteous ones into the Kingdom anyway. That is, people who constantly say, gee, glad I'm more righteous than THAT guy! Rather than recognizing their own sins.

Keeping all the Bible's laws has never been possible. If it were, there'd have been no need for Jesus to die for people's sins. If you break one law, you broke them all. The person who's told one white lie would die just the same as the adulterer. If we held to the letter of the law, that is.

It's a miserable life trying to be perfect, and of course, I would add it's not the best choice to cheat on your spouse. But...people make mistakes or end up in really bad marriages (or bad moments in a marriage) and thus vulnerable to temptation. Other people make the mistake of constantly trying to condemn, when we're all in the same boat, all equally condemned if the God of the Bible is real.

It's best to take the warnings of the Bible and not miss the spirit of grace at the same time. That's my take on it. From the Biblical perspective. But from my personal perspective, that sort of thing is the personal business of the people involved. Better to not be all up in their Kool-Aid. Because you never know when your own pitcher of Kool-Aid...might need more sugar.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit