What will the excuse be?!?

by brotherdan 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

So we've all heard the ramblings of OBVES and Larsinger about the coming end of the world this year or next. I want to know what you think the exuses will be when they do not come.

Harold Camping is the one proclaiming May 21, 2011 as the time of the rapture and October 21, 2011 as the end of the world. When no one disappears on May 21st, what do you think his excuse will be? What about on October 22nd? What will his excuse be then?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I would just like to point out that the Associated Press has quoted Camping , "Camping, 89, says the bible acts as a calendar by which the dates of prophecies can be calculated. "Beyond the shadow of a doubt, May 21 will be the date of the Rapture and the day of judgment," he told the AP.

So I don't want to hear any of this, "We never REALLY said it was gonna happen. Or this IS a significant date, just not the date of the rapture." You'd think we would have gotten a bit more intelligent by this point so as not to listen to these creeps.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Same excuse that all the people with "Supernatural" beliefs have when they cant provide evidence to support it them... They will blame themselves, others... but never the "Supernatural" belief.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

At least the end of the world will give me an opportunity to play Pokémon Black and White.

He'll probably say something about a merciful God giving the world another chance... Or maybe he'll just gloss over it with another prophecy.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

He can dissapear with all the money and leave a note saying he was raptured.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I think that he should comment right now and let us know.

elder-schmelder

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When calculating, they forgot to carry the 1.

The switch to Gregorian calendars threw them off.

God spared people because of the prayers/pleas of the faithful believers.

We were over-zealous/anxious for God's will to take place.

We never said it had to come by that exact time.

Didn't you all get the memo when God updated the prophecy? Well, we did.

That was just the test of faithfulness. This next one really is the real thing.

What prophecy?

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

We can only hope they disappear from here after those dates pass by so we don't have to see any more stupidity being posted.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

And don't forget:

"Badges? We don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges."

And I saved the best for last. The excuse the JW's used and got away with once:

"It did happen, INVISIBLY." (Spiritually, metaphorically, symbolically, figuratively, in the heavens but we're waiting for the fallout on earth.)

• JRK
    JRK

I have my good shades. I am ready for the end to come. Bring it on.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit