Why the GB can get away with saying whatever the HELL they want--even literally

by Pika_Chu 11 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
  • Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

@diamond: Yeah, that's right. I was thinking of the newer Daniel book. I think they used tablets to try to prove that Nebonidus and Nebachudnezzar were the same person or something. They actually had to calculate the 607 thing. It was never said directly anywhere. And all the more reason to think their interpretation is crappy.

@Desirousofchange: My apologies for going off on a rant there. I was upset at the time. But, I'm not sure I understand your point. How is my assertion wrong? I was just giving the 1914/607 connection as one example of many reasons why people are doubting the GB. And I didn't mean to say they ALL have blind faith. The ones that DON'T will question things like the aforementioned 607 issue as well as the generation overlapping. I was just angry at the time because of the ones who blindly accept everything the GB says. It's very frustrating trying to talk to people who won't listen.

@saltyoldlady: I have seen Animal Farm. Saw it just months before I woke up.

PS-My apologies to anyone I may have offended with my little rant. I was mad at the GB. But can you blame me? This wasn't an angry lash-out at anyone who believes the Bible. I was PO'ed at the JW and similar fundie/cultish circular logic. My whole point was the fact that the R and F just listen to everything the GB says, and every other source of info is wrong or highly suspect. And the "new light" thing allows them to really shoehorn any contradictions into "old light," therefore they always come out being "right."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit