Going out with a bang

by LittleToe 255 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess
    Princess
    I am warm and tender and would never say a harsh word to anybody, not even Onacruse.

Wow! That's saying something.

I was actually just wondering the same thing you were though...about Ross...not you... Thanks for all the heartwarming info though!

Rachel

• wednesday
    wednesday

LT,

that took so much courage to present that talk before everyone. I would have flipped if i had heard u do that. I think here they would have ushered u off stage. But maybe not, not with God's help.

I'v only had 3 experiences were i felt God's spirit actually intervening and stopping people. One, i was seriously depressed and at the hall praying for God's help. I prayed that the very next person, elder who talked to me, i would listen to them as if it were words from God himself. (i was very depressed) well the elder who appraoched me after the meeting happen to be someone who hated me and i do not say that lightly. He truly hated me. he was about to say something, goodness knows what, when he told me, "jehovah has shut my mouth, he is stopping me from saying what i was going to say. I had intended say a lot of things to u, but jehovah has prevented me. If jehovah is drawing u to Him, i can't stop that. he has slienced me".

I will never forget that.

so for sure i do kow that God exists and does still have an impact on people.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Rachel,

I was actually just wondering the same thing you were though...about Ross...not you...

Yes I know, but I cannot resist an audience. I can always be seen backing into the spotlight, and I also note that I have competition with Craig for Ross' favours...

Best regards - HS

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks, guys. The comments are really appreciated.
    I can't believe that I've had such an affect on people.
    "Heartwarmed" doesn't even begin to do justice to how you've made me feel.
    To help even one person (in a lifetime) is an achievement, in my book.

Yiz:
    THere's a transcipt on that page (which Megadude kindly did for me) but I only got halfway through sorting out the formatting and the "CHK"'s (where he couldn't understand my accent ).
    I'll try to get it sorted before next weekend, k?

Princess:
    There's limited bandwidth, at that site, hence my need to move it to the new one. It may work if you try it again, as I don't believe the ZIP file is corrupted (though the 5Mb one did get scrambled).
    If you still have bother, let me know, and I'll upload a fresh copy (it just takes a wee while on dial-up).

Hillary:
    LOL, you crack me up. I've loved your posts since i came here, especially one of the earlier stories that you told regarding having a drink and something to do with brown brogues - LOL.
    Thanks for the questions. They were nearer an "Ozziepost" for depth, a little like a cross between a "Minimus" and a "Gumby"

How would you say that you have changed since you first posted this?

Sheesh, that's a difficult one.
    A lot of my changes took place in the first two to six months after my "experience", and before I left.
    Since I posted about DA'ing I guess I've become even more liberal and tolerant.
    I view the bible differently, and other "faiths", and have doubled the number of "gay" friends I have (still hetero, though, to their chagrin ). Not bad for a "Calvinist Trinitarian, in the Reformed Evangelical Tradition", huh? LOL (had to get that in for Gyles sake ).

Are you still as strong a believer as you were?

Yes, very much so. My relationship with "Christ" has only deepened. The "experiences" / "coincidences" still come thick and fast, and my "answer to prayer" ratio is still at 100%.
    As my knowledge had broadened and deepened it has taken me to appreciate other forms of "spirituality" to a greater degree, and to see their worth in a clearer light. I'm still learning / evolving, but most importantly, enjoying the journey...

Have any JW's in your former congregation ever contacted you after your DA talk?

With great pleasure I can report that the congregation has since halved in size, regarding numbers of Publishers, Pioneers, and "Appointed men".
    I've had a couple talk to me, but that is all (that should get Bethel's goat!!!). I strongly suspect that it made people think about the lack of love evident there (as I was one of the more liberal Elders). I can't really blow my own trumpet, on that score, though. It was probably the hardline Elder's doing. I only diluted their effect, whilst there.

Btw, you guys rock!!!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

why yes, yes I do...roll as well.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Roll, huh?
    Like as in baguette?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sheesh, after that wee play on words, I just realised that this thread title could be taken as an insinuation as to how I wore my hair.

Ooookay - I do not wear bangs, k? !!!!!!

• Princess
    Princess
    Ooookay - I do not wear bangs, k? !!!!!!

I don't know, kind of looks like bangs to me in your avatar.

• bebu
    bebu

((((LT))))

When you sent me that link a while back, I was amazed as I listened at how tenderly you spoke to that congregation. I, too, am surprised the whole lot didn't up and leave right there with you!...

Thanks for updating us, though it is so hard to share bad news. I can barely imagine how wrenching these past months have been for you. I'm sorry for all of these things you deal with, all so unfairly.

God knows your real story; His approval is constant and genuine, and that is what counts above all else and all others. (I myself find much rest in such thoughts.) It is not the plastic success stories that impress people, but the ones with character who overcome trials. (ps 24:16)

You are a real beacon of hope here, LT! (And impressive in a kilt... )

bebu

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Princess:
    Dagnabbit, I'm gonna have to chayunge me that pikchoor, naaw!!!
    (see, your Mercan ways of speaking are rubbing off on me!!)

Bebu:Thanks, for your kind words.
    I went around there tonight, and picked up some things.
    It was unsettling, to say the least, though at least it was reasonably amicable.

Having an approving Father does make a lot of differance, huh? Especially given that it's unwavering, regardless of where I am and not subject to my whims and changes, since Christ already did it all.
    "Imputed righteousness" is a beautiful doctrine!
    "God forbid" that we should abuse it, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit