Heads up! Jesus is angry at the churches for their hospitals and feeding the poor......

by miseryloveselders 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

I am at a loss how this analogy and there interpretation that their giving of sprititual food is more important than helping the needy, poor and sick whoever they may be.

As you said in a previous thread MLE

Legends in their own minds!

• agonus
    agonus

Yeah, sir82, the window-washing analogy doesn't help refute the notion that the WT's "food" is the theology of, er, window washers.

• tec
    tec
    Christendom has acted like that babysitter. Jesus left instructions with his representatives to fed people spiritually by teaching them the truth of God's Word and helping them to be spiritually clean. (John 21:15-17) Yet, Christendom has dismally failed to obey his direction. She has left people spiritually starved, confused by falsehoods and ignorant of basic Bible truths. (Isaiah 65:13; Amos 8:11) Even her attempts to better this world can hardly excuse her willfull disobedience. After all, this world system is like a house that is slated for demolition! God's Word makes it clear that Satan's world system is soon to be destroyed.

Matthew 25: 35-40 : “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

It sounds to me as if He is talking about literal feeding, clothing, and visiting here... not just spiritual... since He is talking about things being done to His brothers and sisters, by those who did not know know what they were doing for Him.

Tammy

• wasblind
    wasblind

" 12. A father and mother need to go on a trip. They cannot take their children along, so they hire a babysitter. Their instructions to her are simple: Take care of our children. Feed them, make sure they are clean, and keep them from harm." When the parents return, though, they are shocked to see that their children are famished. They are dirty, sickly, and miserable. They are crying for the babysitter's attention, but their cries go unheeded. Why? She is up on a ladder, washing the windows. Furious, the parents demand an explanation. The sitter replies: "Look at all that I did! Aren't the windows clean? I made repairs to the house too, all for you!" Would the parents feel better? Harldly! They never asked her to do those jobs; they just wanted their children cared for. Her refusal to heed their instructions would infuriate them."

IN JW Land, the kingdom halls and assembly halls are taken care of better than the sheep, the sheep are constantly reminded

to contribute to the build funds and whatever else, # 12 sums up the WTS to a Tee, I swear there must be an apostate workin'

in the writin' dept. must be Johnny the bethelite, keep up the good work . Ha Ha

• agonus
    agonus

Couldn't the above illustration apply to SPIRITUAL malnourishment as well, i.e. keeping the appearance of the org clean while the "children" are spiritually sickly?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I swear there must be an apostate workin'
    in the writin' dept. must be Johnny the bethelite, keep up the good work . Ha Ha

I thought about the same thing, WasBlind.

Syl

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The texts quoted here are excellent. I will add one more:

Matthew 11:2-5

When John, who was in prison, heard about the deeds of the Messiah, he sent his disciples to ask him, “Are you the one who is to come, or should we expect someone else?”

Jesus replied, “Go back and report to John what you hear and see: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

agonus is right. The organization is also spiritually sick and the food they are providing is malnurishing. They are blind thinking they are spiritually rich but are naked and poor. Just like this first century church;

Revelation 3:17
    You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

Where in all the verses in Matt 25:35-40 does it say that these needs were spiritual? The WTS always weasels their way out oF every human being's obligation to come to the aid of those in need by saying that these verses apply in a spiritual way. One of the things that always bothered me is when we heard of a catastrophy in a distant land and that we were asked to pray for the well being of our brothers...what about the millions of other people in the same situation? Aren't we supposed to love our neighbour and even our enemies? So why aren't we praying for them? Of course the WTS will say that our responsibility if first toward those who are related by faith...there are fewer of them and it cost less to care for them alone. But other churches "that God hates" spend billions to provide relief to those in need, regardless of their religion...that should put JWs to shame.

NVR2L8

• clarity
    clarity

Misery

Oh wow, can't you just see it now ... the Gb keeps getting reports that the 'apostates' are continually posting about the borg's neglect of the poor & the needy .... so this is just one more "cover our a$$" assignment for the writing department. They must have been so proud as they gave instructions to print this(crap)! Only an idiot would'nt see through it!! Oh dear we may have a problem....

Lovelylil, you nailed it!

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit