This is the freakiest thing I've ever seen

by just n from bethel 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The term "gay" is only offensive if used as a perjorative. I kind of think just-in was using it in that sense.

It is kind of like how it is only appropriate to call someone a Dick if that's actually his name. Otherwise, you mean it as an insult, and while there is nothing wrong with insulting the Borg when they have it coming, using "gay" (or even "Dick") ends up insulting an entire group of people that shouldn't even be the object of the derision.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

i dont feel insulted :-) however i only said that they look gay to me. no birds no cages :-)

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

but hey if you are a jw you gotta find a source of happiness since the new order is not here yet.... i guess cleaning the kh does it

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

When I saw the OP, I think I knew how the word gay was being used. I've heard some of my homosexual friends use it the same way saying "that's so gay." I agree that it would be better to find a more sophisticated vocabulary word to describe the nature of that video. So if it's not "gay," then what is it? My lack of ability to think of a good descriptive word off the top of my head shows my own lack of vocabulary. I should read good writers more.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

beksbks - I offer apologies to anyone offended by the term gay. I for one like gay people. Epecially gay woman. Especially sexy gay women who have slumber parties and pillow-fights.

I was just wondering.... if I said "Man that video was lame!" would I be offending crippled people?

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Wow - didn't mean to stir up such a controversy. All this PC censorship makes me long for the days of Chappelle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9WOdnR-Nfs&feature=related

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

HAHAHA that's one of the greatest bits!

it could be a JW-theme song too.

No mansion for me! Fack it!

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

for the record, the video is NOT the "freakiest" thing I've ever seen. It is gay though, not in a homosexual way though, but 'gay' like your parents are chaperoning prom 'gay'.

Also, as I myself am a freak, I find the use of the word 'freakiest' offensive. So moderators: could you please change the title one more time:

This time lets just call it, "I saw this video but don't want to offend anyone by describing it. Please watch it and let's get together for milk and cookies and maybe a little Bible reading later."

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Gay is gay, the vidio was gay... not that there is anything wrong with that.

• truman
    truman

Interesting how the image of the squatting 'brother' cleaning the scuz out of the KH toilet is immediately followed by another of JWs preaching at the door of a householder. Are the filmmakers trying to make a metonymic connection there of some sort?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit