What does a demon or an evil spirit look like?

by foolsparadise 29 Replies latest jw friends

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

Has anyone ever seen one? No they havent..because they dont exsist. Who needs demons to do bad things on the earth when we have people doing horrible things to each other since the beginning of time. Demons are just an easy way to pass of the blame...pretty easy to do since no one has ever seen one.

Its like telling people there are evil invisible tooth faries lurking around every corner. Craziness

• potleg
    potleg

Evil Spirits...Sounds like a bunch of sh#t made up by bronze age goat herders.

The only "evil spirits" I've ever come in contact with is some cheap bar rail vodka.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Boy oh boy am I getting mileage from this image. Just like this.

jarass

• villabolo
    villabolo

"Who needs demons to do bad things on the earth when we have people doing horrible things to each other since the beginning of time."

Villabolo

• LittleMac
    LittleMac

Oh, the good old Republicans. Agreed!

The demons today walk among us.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I hear they're blue and three apples high.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Leolaia: "I hear they're blue and three apples high."

But does anyone know many of them can dance on the head of a pin?

Villabolo

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

As a child, I was terrorized by the demons. The Society reports became more and more dramatic and over the top. Eternal vigilance was my policy. I scanned behind door hinges, closets, behind shower curtains, for lurking spooks. My mom's beautiful wig was criticized b/c of the demons in it. A sister was psychotic and hearing voices. She grew up with my mom so we visited her in the public hospital. When she told my mom about the voices, I was so afraid. They were going to jump on me. My sister and I kept our eyes peeled open. We scanned the dark room constantly. I knew that scanning would not stop them but it was a (can't think of term. a ritual designed to calm oneself).

I had no clue what they looked like. No descriptions were ever provided by the Society. It is deeply embarassing to realize how fully I bought their story. Yet I am still afraid of them. They do not exist. Humans need no help with evil. Besides, they are sort of like JW net people. How do we know they aren't the correct ones in the war in heaven. If Heaven has wars, what is so heavenly about it?

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

boy, was i afraid of demons when i was a kid! it put fear of the dark on a whole new level...

until i asked myself why the hell a demon would posess some old books or furniture instead of materializing, enjoying a few beers and having fun with the chicks.

• AGuest
    AGuest

When they're visible, they look like ordinary people, animals, or plants, dear FP (peace to you!). This is because they cannot manifest on their own (they have no physical bodies nor "light" to reflect) and so must use a "host"... and only living things can provide host residency (so, you can dismiss any fears for the "demon-possessed" table from the swap meet - ). Because of this it is not by their appearance that they can be recognized; rather, it is by either the manifestation of their works/conduct or their self-identification.

They don't always do "bad" things; they recognize the Son... and the seed... and so will respond and identify themselves if called on to do so (by pretty much anyone), so long as the one isn't in fear. And they are not to be feared as they have no power of their own. Excluding God, and now Christ... and, in some [rare] instances, Death... the only power that a spirit (daemon)... good or bad... has is what is given it. From God, Christ... or us (humans).

One way for a bad spirit to gain access to a host is through drugs, alcohol, anger, depression, and other tools/emotions that compel the host to give his/her control "over" to the spirit. Yes, I know... there are many doctors and others who would dispute this and say that all of these things are completely biologically related and so treatable with medication. Would that that were the case, so many would find relief. Not all medical doctors/psychologists/or even scientists agree with this - some admit there are "things" that biology cannot explain. This is one of them. Don't get me wrong: medication can work - it can help the host person gain back control by helping him/her focus, fight, push through, control his/her own thoughts/feelings, etc. For some, however, medication doesn't work because the results are not the host person's desire - it is the desire of others. And for some, medication actually makes the problem worse - they lose even more control, so that when the "effects" of the medication wear off they are controlled with even more vengeance... and so pretty much have be medicated at all times. Resulting in a kind of zombie-ism.

Does "exorcism" work? You know, I had to ask that question, given the "gifts" of the spirit and my curiousity as to how they are to be used. The answer I recieved is... no. "Exorcism" is merely theatrics, designed to put fear in people and increase their dependency on the [Catholic] Church or others who use this false pretense to control people. One doesn't need "holy water" or crosses or Bibles/ancient writings or prayer cloths... or recitations of incantations, etc.... in order to cast out a bad spirit. One only needs to tell it to come out... authoratively and without fear. And if the host doesn't WANT it to remain, it must leave. Again, this is because they have no power of their own, but only what is given them. If that power is revoked, well, there you go - they must go.

I realize that this may sound... ummmm... like something from the Dark Ages. Well, okay, so be it. But I've answered you truthfully. Oppose any bad spirit and it will flee from you. Keep in mind, however, that you may not be the one "allowing place" for it... and so it may remain as a result from another's permission... whether known or unknown to them. If one is having difficulty removing a bad spirit, one might want to consider what or who the "source" of its permission to even be there is.

I hope this helps and, again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit