Sorry I have to ask, but, what exactly does a special pioneer do?

by dgp 24 Replies latest jw friends

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thanks sir82 I knew that they got about 600 a month but I did not know that they received less the next month if they missed their hours. We have one special pioneer where I live that was downsized from Bethel. One of the local elders had a rental house that he is letting her live in for half the normal rent he would receive if a worldly person lived there. He gets tons of pats on the back has been on the assembly many times saying how Jehovah moved him to rent her the house at a discount.

LITS

• blondie
    blondie

LITS

All I could think of your comment was this:

Matthew 6:2-3 (New International Version, ©2010)

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

LITS;what a lying bastard that elder is!

I suppose Special Pioneers do the usual things that high ranking members of the WTS hierarchy do ; kiss ass, show arrogance,boast,undermine others,cherry pick friends that further their own gain, and generally show a jumped up "I'm more superior then you" attitude.

• dgp
    dgp

Life is too short, you posted this:

One of the local elders had a rental house that he is letting her live in for half the normal rent he would receive if a worldly person lived there. He gets tons of pats on the back has been on the assembly many times saying how Jehovah moved him to rent her the house at a discount.

I have to recognize that quite often I am very cynical, particularly when people "announce with trumpets" (thank you, Mary) their good deeds. But this is not a good thing. What this means is, the elder can perfectly well cover all expenses with, say, 100 bucks, but he would manage to wring 100 bucks more from a worldly, simply because he is a worldly. Being fair to a worldly doesn't count. He's not in the truth, so let's get more money out of him. It is a sad thing, but in this elder's mind, Jehovah would have no problem with this.

Thanks for all the answers. I am asking because I happen to have met two such people. One is the person because of whom I am here. I was reading stuff elsewhere and one thing led to another, and to my asking this question.

I believe that, in these people's case, Farkel is very sadly right:

One can NEVER "reach out" far enough to fully please Watchtower leaders, and even those who "reach out" the most are, in the end, just dead rubble to the Printing Corporation they live and sacrifice and die for.
    A special pioneer does the same thing, but is willing to submit to more unspeakable things to their backsides, their lives and their futures in the hopes of gaining an edge on Watchtwer salvation because a special pioneer thinks he/she needs more insurance in the hopes of gaining an edge on Watchtower salvation because the Watchtower speaks for God.

And, sadly, this is also true (Jookbeard):

I suppose Special Pioneers do the usual things that high ranking members of the WTS hierarchy do ; kiss ass, show arrogance,boast,undermine others,cherry pick friends that further their own gain, and generally show a jumped up "I'm more superior then you" attitude.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I was in the cancer, I was told that it was 140 hours. That number could easily have come down: It was originally 175 hours.

As for $600 a month, that is a complete ripoff. You are looking at $4.61 1/2 per hour, not including preparation time (unless they turn in fake time slips). And that pays for gas, suit dry cleanings, rental of a place to stay, food, and THEY ARE STILL ASKED TO DONATE TO THE WORLDWIDE PEDOPHILE DEFENSE FUND! Besides this, what happens if gas prices start going back up above $4 a gallon? Or, when the government gets its balloon due on the debt, and hyperinflation hits? For sure, they are not being paid in silver, gold, or oil.

• blondie
    blondie

BLONDIE

MARY

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Sorry...but I have to do it...

Special Pioneer Service Group

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, you shouldn't have done it. Look like a nice group of people.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I didn't make fun. They are special nice people.

• blondie
    blondie

Really........didn't make fun.........?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit