The Governing Body wants JWs to really, really understand this one point

by cattails 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• therevealer
    therevealer

and this ladies and gentlemen is one of these humble yet powerful men

• therevealer
    therevealer

NO!!! Not the one with the white hat. NO!!! not the respectable looking gentlemen in the background. The rather pudgy cuddly looking fella with the janitor key chain.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Misery I think the way you reason could be very true and Old Goat your right on. I do not know why it took me so long to see it. I like how you end with this would make them Apostate. Your spot on.

LITS

• bobld
    bobld

So if God appointed the GB at the conclusion of the system of things in 1879,1914,1915 ,1919 and only 144k would rule in heaven and some would still be on earth when the end would come.These GEEBEE'S old farts are really old oooolllllllllllllddddddddddddd.Now the end will not happen any time soon.However the sleep dead sheep will believe anything these old farts pass.

B

• therevealer
    therevealer

I am interested how impressed people are with a chubby little fella like Geoff Jackson? as one of the men who holds control over millions of witnesses minds.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I like the point someone mentioned about this being an illustration. I told the same thing to my wife one time. That is how Jesus often spoke. Was everything, and who decides if so, to be taken literal?

And now after reading some of the comments, I again wonder about this. If this is indeed what Jesus meant, why doesn't the FDS speak of a REAL neighborly Samaritan? That was an illustration too. Was Jesus signifying that a group also would be identified as this? Who decides? Why is that not a fundamental teaching of the JW's?

Ok, no need to answer those questions. Why? Because it's all .............................................................................BS.

That I know for sure. Great thread by the way!!

CoC

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Illustration?

Nonsense!

If you carefully read the following verses in Matt., or particularly in Luke 12, you can clearly read that the FDS is to become the "evil slave" that beats the fellow slaves and gets drunk because the master is delaying.

So, the GB is just finishing the required job or abusing the flock as explained in scripture.

• Listener
    Listener

Beats their own slaves into submission and gets drunk on its own sense of power - we are seeing this more and more.

• cattails
    cattails
    are really old oooolllllllllllllddddddddddddd.

Late 50s and early 60s isn't very old. Some GB members lived into their 90s.

Can you see 30 more years of the status quo? Thirty years of holding the untenable line

that the end will come "soon", that the end is "imminent"? The current GB is really stuck

as another poster said. They're stuck in the nonsense that Rutherford and F. Franz developed

as doctrine.

It is true that the current hard line of "believe in us or you're dead at Armageddon" is

emphasized more and more, and for some of us this points to a desperate attempt to

keep their power over the R&F. But can they continue this for 30 years?

This one point is the "first domino", if it gets toppled other dominoes of the WT ideology

will come crashing behind.

http://www.canstockphoto.com/canstockphoto-1020610.jpg

• Terry
    Terry

If only the Governing Body would own up to Maria Russell each and every time they assert her theory about the "faithful and wise servant" being a channel of communication between heaven and mankind!

Wouldn't she be thoroughly pissed off to know what has been done with her idea?

She applied it to bother herself and Charles Taze Russell.

Rutherford eventually stole it for himself.

Then, it was passed on like the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants until circa 1972/3 when the President was dethroned and a group adopted the mantle for themselves.

Oh Maria--what have you wrought upon us all??!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit