"We Send Our Warm Christian Love"

by snowbird 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

Did/does this concluding expression on correspondence from the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses irk you?

It certainly did grate on my nerves because I could sense it was just a formality.

Syl

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Good topic, yes it is irritating because as you stated, its just a formality. There's no thought or genuine feeling behind it. Its as bad as people who ask you how you're doing when greeting each other, but then they don't allow to respond. Or you respond negatively, and they reply," that's great!"

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yep.

It's like an Old South plantation master telling a trusted slave, "I love you, but I still can't set you free."

"Too much at stake."

Syl

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

It always struck me as nothing more than a formality, too.

Especially when a visiting speaker would "bring the love of XYZ Congregation".

I don't remember being asked if I wanted my love sent anywhere............

• dogon
    dogon

Its like the thank you that you get in an email when you pay your electric bill. For Christians the bible is like a user agreement for software, no one reads it they just scroll to the bottom and hit I agree.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

It always struck me as nothing more than a formality, too.

Especially when a visiting speaker would "bring the love of XYZ Congregation".

I don't remember being asked if I wanted my love sent anywhere............

Funny you mention this, because if I'm not mistaken the chairman for the Sunday meeting is not supposed to say, "can you please send our love back to your congregation" after the visiting speaker finishes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the most a chairman can say now is thanks for coming. The formality of it all may or may not be why they eliminated saying that from the platform. Now if they would fix the formality of their letters........

• Honesty
    Honesty

"We Send Our Warm Christian Love"

as long as you agree with our crazy doctrines, don't question anything we tell you, listen to us

just as you would to the voice of God and shun your non-JW family.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

"Love."

In the paraphrased words of Inego Montoya: "I don't think that word means what (they) think it means."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"We send our warm Christian Love"..

"Served Cold"..

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/572/E1FCE81C-C234-46F8-B975-740D7E11A422/42-21523312.jpg

........................... ...OUTLAW

• sd-7
    sd-7

I guess it's like warm water. It can be frozen as needed. By the way, I couldn't help thinking, at least in hindsight, about the irony of getting a letter from the "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses". I mean, aren't WE part of the "CC of JWs"? If not, then what the heck are we doing here? Obviously it was just a legal entity, but it's sad that because Jesus isn't mentioned in the religion's name, they had to add "Christian Congregation of" to clear that up. Embarrassing.

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit