My Story

by Crank!!! 19 Replies latest jw friends

• cab1000
    cab1000

Thanks for sharing. Stay strong, and hang in there. Many of us share your pain and loss. Its a great idea to use the shunning as a catalyst to NEVER allow this to happen to your own immediate family. Best, ~cab

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Welcome to the board Crank!

• undercover
    undercover

Welcome...

I just read your girlfriend's thread...

For all the heartache and pain with your family, I think that you two are in a good position. You're both in agreement on how to raise your child and how to avoid the JW cult. As was mentioned on the other thread, being firm is the key now. You're young and your mom is trying to guilt you into returing to the cult and to obeying her. But while you're young, you're not a child. You have a baby, and are getting married. You are starting your new life. Start it on your terms. Do not let family dictate to you how to live, how to worship, etc. You're already on that path but sometimes when we resolve to be firm we sometimes slip in the false hope of avoiding confrontations or trouble. Better to bite the bullet, law down the laws, stick to them and if anyone in the family can't deal with it, it's their loss, not yours.

Easier said than done, but sometimes you have to cut out the poisonous influences in your life in order to heal and move forward. And something else to keep in mind... sometimes family comes around. When they see that you're a good husband and father, they may soften up and you can re-kindle some family ties. It won't happen overnight...and they may never fully accept you as they would a faithful JW child, but maybe enough so that your child knows their grandparents.

Good luck on your new life free of the WT cult.

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Welcome!!

NLW's wife.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    He absolutely is engaged to me. After a phone call from the future MIL tonight, he was inspired to finally tell his story.

I'm so glad that he started posting here. Jamie, did you get my pm?

• I quit!
    I quit!

Great story Crank. I read Jag's post a few days ago. You guys sound like a lovely couple. I'm glad Jag's family is supportive. Not much you can do about your mother except keep her from poisoning the relationships between you and your wife and your child. This Watchtower craziness probably all seems very foreign to her family. If you haven't been involve with the Watchtower this could all seem pretty far fetched. I was involved in it and yet there are times when I look at the horrors posted here and think I wouldn't believe this if I hadn't been a part of that crazy organization.

Keep us informed in how things are going.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome Crank and thanks for sharing your story.

ANGUS

• sd-7
    sd-7

Frakking awesome. I was expecting you to say you rode off into the sunset at the end! Sounds like you had your head on straight for a long time and didn't let the cult faze you. I can only be happy for you, this is really a wonderful story. I wish you and your family all the best.

Your story actually seems like a mirror image of my own, except with someone who supported your decision to have nothing to do with the religion. It's funny. I wonder how many folks like you I once knew and didn't think highly of at the time. Gee, what a fool I was.

Anyway, thank you for sharing this story with us. You totally rock.

--sd-7

• Crank!!!
    Crank!!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It really does feel good to know that you are not alone in this fight against the oppression that is the WTBTS. I will continue to post here and I have some topics/questions I would like to hear other people's opinions on.

Thanks again everyone!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    So I really bacame the little JW rockstar at my cong, I was a Unbaptized publisher when I was 6, I was on the ministry school when I was 8 and was baptized when I was 10.

Ought to be a crime.

I gotta run so I am commenting to mark and read the rest later. Thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit