You just gotta read the story, Fade From the Truth, A Tale of Learning Then Unlearning the Beliefs of JWs

by AndersonsInfo 49 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Every once in a while there's a story so well told that it deserves lots and lots of kudos and plugs. Here's that 124-book length story which is the first one linked from "Exclusive Autobiographies" on the home page of www.watchtowerdocuments.com. Read it free!

The story told by former Witness, Alan Miller, can directly be found at this link: http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/stories/alan-miller.html

Alan's story is one of those narratives that once you start reading, you can't stop. I read all 124 pages in one sitting, except for a few brief breaks, and so did my husband, Joe. Then I sent it to a few other people to read before it was put on the WT Documents website. The consensus was the same as ours. "Wow, what a read!"

Barbara

• DeeDubs
    DeeDubs

Wow....so many emotions from reading that story. I need time to digest and examine my own situation.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Marking for later reading.

Thanks,

om

• Scott77
    Scott77

Book marked for later reading. Thank you Anderson.

Scott77

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

book mark for later

Snakes (Rich )

• Listener
    Listener

What stood out for me was the analogy of training an elephant and breaking ones spirit and this being a method they encourage.

• designs
  • Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Whoever 'Alan Miller' is i salute him.

I just read the whole story, and think it is simply marvelous.

Alan, if you are checking in on this thread, thankyou. You will reach many people and teach many elephants to pull one more time.

you may not have had an easy path but you are what i call a 'survivor'

oz

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thank you, Barbara, for posting this and Alan Miller for writing this. Thank you for sharing your life story (a major part of it). I loved your last "Service Report" you turned in. :)

We all have unique stories and share so much similarity in how our minds grow out/away from the WT to personal freedom of independent thinking and conscience. You have accomplished quite a bit and wish you the best life, your own life.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Great read. Love the analogy to the sidewalk painting and elephants. Gave me a new understanding. Please thank Alan for sharing his story.

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit