Losing My Religion is a New Film being made ...

by sleepingbeauty 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Barbara,

Thanks for the information. I think that the WTS will have to change the DF/shunning policy simply to survive. The campaign in Brazil, the BBC interview, Worlds apart, and others are drawing attention to this policy. It is a true violation of human rights that people will shun you simply because of what you believe. It certainly goes against the freedom of speech, and freedom of religion clauses in the US constitution.

The WTS will be forced to change as there is more attention on them. This policy along with Blood is one of the main reasons they are having court battles in Russia.

One other side point, The primary reason that they hate facebook and other social networks is because many witnesses are associating with DF family members online. As society in general becomes more connected through these types of networks the organization becomes ever more fearful of the things they cannot control. This makes them look more and more authoritarian and paranoid, which in turn makes the average person think "What are they afraid of?" "What are they hiding?".

The organization's policies will be the source of its own demise.

SIAM

• clarity
    clarity

"Watchtower demands that it be so!" Indeed!

Sounds just like the school yard BULLY!

"I'm tellin ya Billy, you stop talkin to that new kid, or I'll knock your block off!"

c

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

BTTT - Look forward to watching this film.

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

Great information Barbara. As a former elder for many years I know the pain that it causes familys and I am ashamed at how I treated people. I certainly hope what you are saying is happening quickly. Personally if they want to shun a member at the KH that is their privelege but as to shunning family members that is a disgusting thing to do. Thanks NH Knorr maybe you will have been the one responsible for bringing the WT down afterall.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I think each one of us should consider how much support we personally can give to this project, and ask our friends to likewise consider making an investment in the film. I have requested additional investor's information which I will be reviewing carefully.

This is the text of an email I sent some of my friends. Feel free to use it in whole or in part as suits your needs:

Dear friends,

Some of you know this, and some of you do not.

I was raised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses and was an active member of the religion until I was in my early twenties. I haven't made any effort to conceal this fact from any of you, but on the other hand I haven't made it my primary topic of conversation, either.

Jehovah's Witnesses are a dangerous mind-control cult that puts the lives of its followers at risk. I have worked quietly in my own various ways to inform the community at large of the danger posed by Jehovah's Witnesses and I have been an active supporter of the XJW community around the world.

Now I would like to ask YOUR help. I have just learned that Stephan McGuire (associate producer, "The 11th Hour" [2007]) is planning to make a movie titled "Losing my Religion" that will explain the truth about Jehovah's Witnesses and the sacrifices made by those who leave the cult. I am considering lending my support to this cause, and ask that you do also.

Investors are now being sought for the production of this movie. If assistance of this magnitude is within your means, I ask that you consider doing so. If that is not possible, I ask that you consider making a charitable donation to "Lost & Found" or consider purchasing a copy of the movie when it is released on DVD.

Please watch the introductory trailer here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx7UiNkJpYg&feature=player_embedded

Also, see the website here:
    http://www.losingmyreligionfilm.com/

Thank you for your time,

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Regarding Leonardo DiCaprio's status as a JW - I have no idea.

According to imdb, Leonardo was the narrator of Stephan's film "The 11 th Hour" but that in itself is no evidence that he is or was a JW.

• ziddina
    ziddina

marking...

Thanks for posting this, Sleeping Beauty!

• dgp
    dgp

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thanks for posting this and thanks to Barbara for the interesting input.

Loz x

• whereami
    whereami

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit