heres a blast from the past how many have seen this picture

by im stuck in 19 Replies latest jw friends

• processor
    processor

You find a good photo of the cover here:

http://img.blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ybi/1/1e/98/koji7544/folder/632296/img_632296_63546338_0?1275863888

BTW, it seems that the album is from 1968, so it can't be a joke about 1975.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

An Aussie band in the late 1980s used an illustration from a WT pamphlet on an album cover. I was a bit surprised at the time, because I was new in the religion. I wish I'd held onto it now. It was instantly recognisable, but they were very much a low-rate band and barely rated a blip on the rock music radar.

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

Good point processor. I had not looked at the album for years was looking at my collection and found it. I tried to scan it but it didnt look good so I took a picture of it. It was the best I could get.

• processor
    processor
    an illustration from a WT pamphlet on an album cover

I know only this one, but it is not from the 80s but rather from 2010. And not an actual WT cover but simply copying the style:

Weezer

• designs
    designs

I remember the album cover, thought it was pretty cool at the time.

• processor
    processor

BTW, what about this one?

Gerrit

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

Too funny. Is he winking at us. Saying what idiots they swallow this bs

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Processor wrote: BTW, it seems that the album is from 1968, so it can't be a joke about 1975.

I do not know about the album cover being discussed, but I do know that the WTS was proclaiming 1975 as a year of historical significance since before 1968. There were some witnesses who actually prophesied the date to non-jw's.

Wasn't the 'Later than you think' article the one with the de-railed train? There was alot of loaded language in that article that was not lost on 'worldly' people. I would guess that the Awake! shown on the album cover contained same or similar language (if not the exact article).

-Aude.

• TD
    TD
    Wasn't the 'Later than you think' article the one with the de-railed train?

Yes and no. There wasn't actually an article with that title, but this is the issue you're thinking about. (October 8th)

The picture of the train going down the hill towards Armageddon was on page 5. (Article was entitled "What's This World Coming To?"

The article "What will the 1970's Bring" was on page 13

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Thanks for clarification, TD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit