Can a Bible Thumper do anything without support from Scripture?

by jay88 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jay88
    jay88

I think I'll have biscuits this Morning..........Matthew 4:4

You take your shoes off from a long day at work Luke 3:16

Can you do anything without the bible's stamp of approval?_________________ feel free to leave an answer with scriptural support.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The ones who credit "The Lord" with every minute success they have in life particularly annoy me. Sure, you found that nickel on the ground because the Lord loves you and the dude who dropped it is an atheist. Right.

• wobble
    wobble

I think I will cut the extremity of my beard today, oh no, I had better not the Bible condemns it. Lev 19 v 27.

I think I will have a fraction of fornication today, oh no the Bible condemns it, Acts 15 v28, but hey if JW's can have a fraction of blood, cannot I have a little bit of fornication ?

• AGuest
    AGuest

It's awfully enslaving (may you all have peace!)... because in one place it (the Bible) says this and in another it (the Bible) says that. How does one know which is RIGHT? Many (including yours truly, at one time) look to religion for the answers, unfortunately, and so are grossly misled. Having the "law" written on one's heart, however, dispenses with the need for that digest... and religion. Sadly, not all have the confidence... or faith... to dispense with either.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• jay88
    jay88

Shelby-Sadly, not all have the confidence... or faith... to dispense with either.

I agree.

• Awen
    Awen

Agreed. Faith and Love is what is needed. of course that isn't limited to the Bible, it's what we all instinctively want, whether we've ever picked up a Bible or not. Apparently it IS written in our hearts just as the Bible says. Go figure.

Peace,

Awen

• designs
    designs

I wonder if what we see is a form of compulsive behavior that finds an outlet in religious contexts.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

It's awfully enslaving (may you all have peace!)... because in one place it (the Bible) says this and in another it (the Bible) says that. How does one know which is RIGHT? Many (including yours truly, at one time) look to religion for the answers, unfortunately, and so are grossly misled. Having the "law" written on one's heart, however, dispenses with the need for that digest... and religion. Sadly, not all have the confidence... or faith... to dispense with either.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

Sounds like you haven't done very well in ceasing to be a slave

• undercover
    undercover

A scripture to share with any do-gooder bible thumper intent on 'saving' you or preaching to you:

make it your aim to live quietly and mind your own business... 1 Thess. 4:11 NWT

(edited to add "NWT" so Sylvia can keep up )

• snowbird
    snowbird

1 Thessalonians 4:11 Stay calm; mind your own business; do your own job. The Message Bible

Just had to check ...

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit