DO WE NEED TO BELONG TO A RELIGION TO BE A "SPIRITUAL PERSON"?

by foodalls 158 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Do we need to belong to a religion to be a spiritual person?

A lot of people seem to believe this.

If you dont go to church, or you dont go to THEIR church, or if you dont say "AMEN THANK YOU JESUS!" after they do, or you are not a Christian or a Muslim or whatever they are, they feel you are either going to hell or will be put to death by God.

The question could be asked "Do we need to belong to a religion to have a human conscience?"

We as humans are intrinsically spiritual. We have been created or evolved with the capacity for abstract thinking and appreciation.

We can be grateful creatures or resentful and bitter,or a mixture of both.

I think religion is a scam taking advantage of our desire for answers and consoling and our desire to know our creator and the answers to the bigger questions.

Its a big commercial enterprise to get you to buy their particular product and then become a free salesman for them and to recruit others.

Its a scam because when did a religion ever publish its views and then leave you alone to enjoy it all? Why are they always trying to imprison and control and extract money from you?

You are better off developing yourself and your own spiritual views and your conscience and being as good a person as you can for the short time you are alive.

Anewme

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

Foodalls my friend I appreciate your zeal. One can only hope that you are correct. However I fear that it is like so many statements that people make on the internet out of desperation. Please keep smiling and be your self. Stuck In

• AGuest
    AGuest

Jer... in all seriousness... are you serious? No sarcasm or offense intended at all. It's just hard to tell just now.

Thanks,

SA, on her own...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's just hard to tell? Really? Now, you are not serious.

You know how explaining the punchline ruins the joke? Same thing if I say more.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Oh No!!! Foodalls was cought on the computer by his dady!!!!!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I admit that spiritual practice is easier in some cities than it is in others.

S

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I quired that as well Gerard, he denied he was a teen, but said he had been a JW for 47 years and a MS for much of the time.

It could still possible that that its JW teen trying to be a vindictive asshole to all the anti-JWs here.

Or he's a stupid delusional guy who's looking for attention ......a lonely loser, with a mental problem

( there are people who have been booted off the forum, only to come back with a new identity .....ummm )

• freskalynn
    freskalynn

I know Foodalls, he is not a kid. He is serious about this. I met him on another exjw site. We have been friends for a long time.

As far as UFO's my husband , son & other friends & myself have personally seen them. They were about 1/2 mile from where we live. There is said to be an Underground Base under the town that we live close too. As far as being in religion to be spiritual, no I don't believe you have to be in a church or organization to be spiritual. Some people are naturally spiritual minded and others don't really care. They are happy the way things are.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

A few foodalls posts were deleted. I think he may have been banned from the mods...Anyone care to confirm?

• OBVES
    OBVES

If you have God of the Bible on your side you can be a spiritual person in a true meaning .

Any spiritual person in most religions is not a spiritual person in a biblical way and a biblical way is what counts .

If you are on your own without belonging to any religion and think you are a spiritual person you can think so and your friends also about you but it may have no value in God's sight . You must be spiritual based on the Bible .

http://www.focusonthebible2011.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit