"We taught you right from wrong, you should be thankful!"

by sabastious 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

I've been told this by many Witness peers over my life, especially when talking about apostasy...

That's how the Governing Body likes to run things; if you leave their Organization and are still true to "Christian Morals and Ethics" then you are "having your cake and eating it too." For some reason they don't believe that you can live a life acceptable before God without their micromanagement in all our lives.

I wanted to tell you guys/gals an analogy I came up with:

You have a son and you want to to get him vaccinated for Whooping Cough because it's going around. A friend recommends to you to a family practitioner, we'll call him Dr Joova. Dr Joova takes you and your son into the back room and administers the vaccination... but the needle used is thick and rusty and has been used before. After a traumatically painful experience your son (and you) you both return home. Your son becomes ill and almost dies because of the abusive application of the vaccination.

When you return to Dr Joove and ragfully explain what happened he shrugs it off and replies, "Well, I got the antibodies in there didn't I? He's not dead is he?"

Jehovah's Witnesses do teach some valuable ethics to their youth and that, in itself, is admirable. But the admiration melts away when the application process is needlessly painful and traumatic.

Teaching kids morals and ethics is not by any means easy, but it doesn't require the isolation from the outside world. It doesn't require fear mongering the end of the world and constantly being aware of your "chance" of survival (gladly calculated by the Governing Body). It doesn't require developing a distatse, or even hatred, for alternate lifestyles.

If fact, there is no hand book of how to raise a child. There are basic guidelines (as well as man made guides) that can help us along our way. Parenting cannot be limited to the policies of a man made guide because parenting is so different from child to child.

If a group of humans get together and write a book on the parenting then tip your hat to them... but if they try to enforce that parenting by means of some sort of blackmail or guilt? Make sure you have cabbages on hand for such occasions.

-Sab

• Joliette
    Joliette

Bookmarking this for later

This sounds like the same thing my parents say to me, whenever I speak against the 'organization' which is always eclipsed by Jehovah. No, I love God, and my loyality is to him, not to an organization. Or when they use their loaded lanaguges reasoning: Oh, we dont go out to convert people into being a JW's, we just encourage bible reading...WHATEVER!!!

• Ding
    Ding

Joliette said:

This sounds like the same thing my parents say to me, whenever I speak against the organizations which is always eclipsed by Jehovah.

No matter what you point out against the WTS, the JW response is always to "wait on Jehovah to straighten out his organization."

The idea that your evidence demonstrates that the WTS ISN'T God's organization simply doesn't compute with most JWs -- it doesn't even enter their radar screen as a possibility.

Perhaps it's because that possibility is too frightening for them to contemplate.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thank you ding. If I didnt love God, I would stay a JW's. Jehovah's Witnesses think that their worshipping God, but their actually just following organizational policies.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

That's how the Governing Body likes to run things; if you leave their Organization and are still true to "Christian Morals and Ethics" then you are "having your cake and eating it too." For some reason they don't believe that you can live a life acceptable before God without their micromanagement in all our lives.

That's why the fruitage they produce are a bunch of grown adults incapable of making decisions on their own without having to consult a CD Rom full of old magazines. That's something else that bugs me about this backwards religion, in that JWs never graduate, or move on in life. JWs will always be stuck with "mother."

I'll give you an example. A nonJW friend of mine was getting married. She was hesitant to invite me to the wedding because it was going to be in a church. She even thought it would be offensive to ask me to attend. She got her information second hand off of others who've had experience dealing with JWs. The thing is, according to the WT, its a conscious matter, which even the literature supports, if you dig deep enough on that friggin CD Rom. But most JWs are retards, and they're so busy on the hamster wheel, that they cant recall the finer points when it comes to subjects such as this. All they can remember is KH=good, churches=bad. But thats the type of jackasses this organization manufactures.

You look at any institution in life, people are expected to grow, mature, and advance. Parents raise children to become productive, responsible adults capable of supporting themselves. People attend college with the goal of bettering their financial situation, or even to become more rounded in life. They don't go to school forever, the same way adults aren't supposed to stay at home with the parents forever. When it comes to JWs and a bible trained conscience, its not the same. The WT trains its publishers to depend on and support "mother" for the rest of their lives. Kingdom Halls are full of emotional vampires who suck the life out of anybody capable of having a thought that didn't need assistance from "mother." This religion is parasitic, and reminds me of a symbiote.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Misery you bring up a hard point.

It's not just the Witnesses that are trying to keep their members in perpetual youth, I mean look at the BORNagains. If you can get someone to choose perpetual immaturity then you now have a specifically subservient person, almost like you get to the point where you can just "nudge" them in a direction of your choosing.

-Sab

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

"We taught you right from wrong, you should be thankful!

Really ! Why is it then you find children that never been indoctrinated with religion of any kind to be

loving responsible and respectful adults ? Obviously their parents must have done something appropriate

to develop a person with these human values, even above what a JW child has been offered.

Of course a JW would never admit to that because thats not how they've been trained to think by the WT Corporation.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Misery you bring up a hard point.

It's not just the Witnesses that are trying to keep their members in perpetual youth, I mean look at the BORNagains. If you can get someone to choose perpetual immaturity then you now have a specifically subservient person, almost like you get to the point where you can just "nudge" them in a direction of your choosing.

-Sab

And that's exactly what both Jesus and early Christians were getting away from! The Jews were harnessed by the law and the traditions of their religious leaders. As a result, they were incapable of reaching their full potential as a nation set aside from all other nations before God. Later, that same immaturity was present when Paul wrote to the Hebrews and he likened them to babies incapable of eating solid food. It was if they regressed back to the role of a Gentile, just developing a faith for the first time.

Its the same thing with JWs today. The organization doesn't want individuals thinking, reasoning, discussing, ect.. They want indoctrination, and then repetition. Its the reason the WT study and other Q & A parts are the way they are. You read the paragraph, the question paraphrases the answer in the paragraph, you underline the answer. You attend the meeting, the reader reads the paragraph, the conductor reads the question which paraphrases the answer, then someone comments by rephrasing what was written in the paragraph and substituting a word or two. Its all about repetition.

When you think about it, there's more debate and research done on this forum, then the Writing Department does at Bethel. Half the WT articles rehash previous articles, and even pictures from old literature is republished into new literature. Its a perpetual state of repetition, without any advancement.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"We taught you WBT$ Theocratic Warfare Strategy"..

"Now you can Lie to Anyone for Jehovah!"..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Ding
    Ding

WT, 3/1/1983, p. 25:

"[Opposers] may also question the need for an organization to direct the minds of God's people."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit