In 25 Years Will The WT.Organization Still Be Around?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Organisms that cannot or will not adapt to a changing environment are destined for extinction.

There have been no exceptions in the history of our planet.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Of couse, and it's elders will now have the privledge of serving as Princes in the Paradise Earth under Kingdom Rule

• minimus
    minimus

just n---THAT was GREAT!!!!

• caliber
    caliber

Someone please help me out here... I was looking for an very excellent article ( I thought it was on Randy Waters site) that talks

about the 4 or five stages of cult development then it's decline. anyway this article seemed to indicate that cults have a "limited Shelf life"

Would not the Wt also have such a limit ? I would really appreciate if someone could post these points please , if you recall the article I speak of .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

caliber - "I was looking for an very excellent article ( I thought it was on Randy Waters site) that talks about the 4 or five stages of cult development then it's decline. "

I'm interested in this, too.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The WTS is just such a suppressive, suffocating extremely burdensome religion. It's a 'choking' religion.

I see like the 7th Day Adventist Religion is less than 20 years older than WTS. They do believe in an imminent 2nd coming, but put into positives somewhat in 'this' life to such a great degree. (I, myself am not into organized religion any more, ever, ever). I am sure they have their kind of control stuff, extra rules too. But they have schools, hospitals, recognized by the U.N. Have recognized humanitarian work all over the world. Yet have a much greater membership (in U.S. only 7% of their global membership) beyond JWs (about 15 M, baptized people, with other 'adherents' - children? ) Actually, their health by studies is recognized much better - of course, too many rules in that area, but at least no one has to die like JWs regarding blood issue.

Religions will exist always. JWs too. But if people need religion there are so many other religions with some degree of positivity, realistic production, reality of children to just get to be children, respect for education.

• minimus
    minimus

Those crystal ball gazers are kewl.

• caliber
    caliber
    Religions will exist always. JWs too. But if people need religion there are so many other religions with some degree of positivity, realistic production, reality of children to just get to be children, respect for education.

I asked again do not cults have" limited shelf life" by the very nature of their intense promises and limited life spans of

their leaders... is the overlapping generation enough to sustain them ? Are not cults a different ball of wax ?

• minimus
    minimus

Some people, families, groups NEED Organizations to tell them what to do. It makes them feel secure!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

minimus - "Some people, families, groups NEED Organizations to tell them what to do. It makes them feel secure!"

They're called "authoritarian follower-types".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit