Questions for Doubtfully yours or Elpiro - The happy annointed Jehovah's Witness

by Hoffnung 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Hello Doubtfully yours or El Piro or other Happy JW,

There are 4 questions for you. Can you have a look into it?

1. The issue I have is with paragraphs 1 & 8 of the Study article on page 21 of the 15/09/2010 Watchtower. Paragraph 1 reads:

"CHRISTENDOM’S churches have human leaders, such as the pope of Rome, the patriarchs and metropolitans of the Eastern Orthodox churches, and the heads of other religions. Jehovah’s Witnesses recognize no human as their leader. They are not disciples or followers of any man. ... The international congregation of anointed Christians and their “other sheep”companions want no leader other than the one Jehovah has given them. (John 10:16) They subscribe to Jesus’ statement: “Your Leader is one, the Christ.”—Matt. 23:10."

I fully agree with this paragraph. Christians should only recognize Jesus as their leader, no human.

Then in Par 8, last sentence, it reads: "The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ."

This claim is not different from what many other church leaders claim about themselves. The governing body are humans, we know their names and faces. Gerrit Losch was a circuit overseer in Austria, just to mention one. Consequently JW witnesses as religion are following humans and not Jesus as leader, as they have written themselves.

My 1st thought when I read this article was this: To be in agreement with paragraph 8, the 1st sentence of paragraph 1 should read:

"CHRISTENDOM’S churches have human leaders, such as the pope of Rome, the patriarchs and metropolitans of the Eastern Orthodox churches, the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses and the heads of other religions.

My question is this: Do you feel it is right as a christian to follow the lead of these humans instead of Jesus, thereby clearly contradicting Matt 23:10?

This is important for me. It is one of the main reasons I am an inactive JW now, together with the overlap generation teaching.

There are also 3 other questions I would like you to answer (they are shorter):

2. Jesus commanded all christians to participate from the bread and the wine during the memorial, this command was repeated by Paul, and in John 6:53 and surrounding verses, Jesus made it an absolute condition for salvation. So why are JW teaching that you should abstain? Is this not barring the access to salvation?

3. The 587 vs. 607 issue. The question is not whether the chronology is correct or not. The problem is that it is ALWAYS presented to a new student in such away that makes you believe the 607BCE date for the fall of Jerusalem is a generally accepted date. It is not. Please take an encyclopedia and check for yourself it is 586 or 587 BCE, according to scientists (Furuli is not a scientist by the way, but a JW living in Norway). So my question is this: Why is a JW student not pointed out to the fact that science and the Society do not agree on Babylonian chronology in the "What does the Bible really Teach" book. The believe in 1914 is too important to hide this. Why is the Society hiding this fact? Is this not dishonest and immoral behaviour?

4. JW teach that blood and its 4 main components are prohibited by the bible for medical use. Fractions of these main components are a matter of conscience. Why is the use of the 4 main components not a matter of conscience? The bible is completely silent on the subject. Why is the Society forbidding something specifically where the bible is not specific? Is this not going beyond what is written in the Scriptures, and therefore condemned?

Thank you in advance for your efforts.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

They won't answer because they don't have a good answer. These are very good points.

• garyneal
    garyneal

DY just likes to do hit and run posts.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    2. Jesus commanded all christians to participate from the bread and the wine during the memorial, this command was repeated by Paul, and in John 6:53 and surrounding verses, Jesus made it an absolute condition for salvation. So why are JW teaching that you should abstain? Is this not barring the access to salvation?

2b. 1 Cor. 11:26 states: “For as often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives.” If Jesus came invisibly almost 100 years ago in 1914, why keep doing it now? Is that going beyond the things written?

This was one of the questions I asked years before starting my fade. The only response I ever got was furrowed eyebrows and scornful look as if to say ' Why would ask a question like that??'

-Aude.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Does anyone else think ELPIRO was a teen living at his or hers parents house pretending to be an Anointed One.

Probably sitting in their bedroom with the door closed.

Who just may also be having doubts about the WTS. but is very scared of being exposed.

Indoctrinated JWs are dutifully fearful of exposing their doubts openly, for the consequences

can be dreadful, depending how deep they and their family are involved in the Borg.

That includes Spanish speaking people as well.

EL PIRO in Spanish means to escape or to beat it

so there may be some meaning into the name this person chose

• I quit!
    I quit!
    This was one of the questions I asked years before starting my fade. The only response I ever got was furrowed eyebrows and scornful look as if to say ' Why would ask a question like that??'

Once I was out I found it very revealing how JWs are always asking others to examine their religion yet become fearful or angry whenever someone points out a problem with their belief and asks them to get them to look into it.

• Inkie
    Inkie

Hoffnung: While I understand the reason for your questions, I do believe that you already know the answers to them (forgive me if I am in error). True anointed ones (also known as Christians) have only one leader—the Christ. Enough said on that one.

You also wrote:

I do believe you answered your own question. Yes, John 6:48-58 are extremely important statements made by Christ, especially verses 51, 53, and 54.

As for the dates question, the dates are really a non-issue. But . . . the Society’s chronology hinges on them. Thus their need to uphold them with their theological scaffolding. Otherwise, their house of cards crumbles.

As for your question on blood, your statement that “The bible is completely silent on the subject” is most relevant. The Society forbids—continues to forbid—because this one will crumble too if they don’t shore it up. How many people have died because of this doctrine? They have to shore it up.

--Inkie

• Poztate
    Poztate

EL PIRO in Spanish means to escape or to beat it

Probably sitting in their bedroom with the door closed

So you think it might be possible that " EL Piro " is just a young guy sitting in his closed bedroom and "beating it" Hmmmm

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yes thats exactly what I mean, hiding in their bedroom on their computer, posting comments on JW apostate sites,

while pulling his Pud. Its a possibility.

Very strange comments from this person, claiming he's anointed , then at the same time saying he's out of there

if the WTS is proved wrong and would leave quickly.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" DY just likes to do hit and run posts."

I notice that too garyneal,

I guess it's because DY can't stand up to a good argument

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit