Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 01-16-11 WT Study (BAPTISM)

by blondie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A true story from my past . A young mid teen lad had been living in U S A with his Aunt. His Mother was a divorcee in the U K on a low income so , I guess he took a good opportunity for a while. He returned,newly baptized. The American congregation wrote and said they liked him but said to look out for his "tricks" and untruths....but they had still baptized him.

Back with Mum he was an engaging character with personality. However he soon got into trouble with various ones and at school . He became a delinquent, was taken to Juvenile Court for theft and so...was disfellowshipped.

Now he has grown up..He has no part of J W's. Lets hope he has a regular life, but of course his mother still has nothing to do with him. She has lost her son and why?.............Because he was baptized as a boy when things meant little and he was too immature to think of the long term. If he had never been baptized at least his mother might still have a son!

• undercover
    undercover

Your peers may believe in evolution or in various false religious doctrines because others have told them that this is what they should believe. However, you can rise above such thinking when it comes to your own beliefs.

Wow. They actually printed that? Well, I guess it is the Kool-Aid edition. Pot...meet kettle.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

BluesBrother said:

Now he has grown up..He has no part of J W's. Lets hope he has a regular life, but of course his mother still has nothing to do with him. She has lost her son and why?.............Because he was baptized as a boy when things meant little and he was too immature to think of the long term. If he had never been baptized at least his mother might still have a son!

There have been over 10 baptized teens in our congregation who have been disfellowshipped due to drinking,smoking,and sexual matters. Today,they are nowhere to be seen. Almost all the parents have disowned them.

The WTS want young kids and teens to get baptized so they can control them. Instead of parents being in control,the WTS can eliminate all teen problems in the home and congregation by disfellowshipping them. Then, the parents will agree with the WTS that they had good reason to disfellowship their kids because they were all baptized and should of known better.

SHAME ON ALL THE PARENTS WHO LET THE WTS DICTATE THEIR RELATIONSHIPS WITH THEIR CHILDREN!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    First, their "compass" is corrupt--have you ever tried using a compass near a magnet?

For that matter, try using it in an area that's high in mineral content...

Hubby and I were trying to find a trailhead off of a National Parks road in the San Juans of Colorado. We got out of the car where the trail guide indicated the trailhead, and I pulled out my "trusty" [????] compass...

The damn thing wouldn't even point north!!! It spun and spun and spun... We finally had to use the sun's position and time-of-day to find "north" - and found the trailhead, and had a nice hike, by the way...

But there was so much mineral - iron predominantly, but other minerals too - in the volcanic rocks of the San Juans, that my compass wouldn't function. And fyi, I was standing in the middle of a PASTURE - not near any rock formations - when this happened!!

Also, they didn't mention an altimeter AT ALL - and an altimeter is VITAL for making sure that one is on the CORRECT trail - especially with the "braided" trails that are generated in arid areas on relatively high-traffic trails... Say, around 30 people per month and up...

Yeah, their "compass" is cracked... As well as their noggins...

Zid

• Mary
    Mary
    Some may hesitate to get baptized out of fear that they may be disfellowshipped at a later time. Do you have this fear? If so, such fear is not necessarily unhealthy in itself.

Ya. I will venture a guess that many upbaptized youths have witnessed first hand experience of how disfellowshipping people destroys families and life-long friendships that will probably never be repaired. Perhaps their father or maybe an older brother or sister decided this wasn't the life for them and left the Borganization and home and promptly got The Axe. Now this youth is no longer allowed to associate with or even talk to someone they loved. You think that isn't fodder enough to make a young one not want to get dunked and possibly face the same fate down the road?

This article shouldn't come as a surprise though. With less than 40% of the youth actually staying, they're desperate to get those numbers up and what better way to do that than to promote guilt and shame.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    One reason to undergo baptism is that Jesus commissioned his followers to “make disciples . . . baptizing them. ”He also set an example by getting baptized. (Read Matthew 28:19, 20; Mark 1:9.)

Yeah, I remember when I heard this section being read thinking how the article (conveniently?) left out the 'Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit' part in that quote of Matthew 28. Then someone went about reading the actual scripture and I could not help but wonder if these people understand that the baptismal questions and unbiblical. I did not know this myself until last year.

"The first question is:
    On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

The second is:
    Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization? Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism."

Baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the spirit-directed organization.

This study article is not surprising given the source. Other Christian sects do this to a greater or lesser degree too. Finding a proper balance is key and of course using your own conscious to determine what is the best way to use your gifts in service to God. Unfortunately, the WTS does not permit witnesses from exercising their own conscious decisions in matters as important as what will young ones do with the rest of their lives.

Can you imagine the society encouraging young ones to become doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc.? Yet a doctor who specializes in bloodless therapies can be quite an asset to the Society and its Jehovah's Witnesses.

• parabola
    parabola

...thanks for the contribution Blondie. I really enjoyed reading your thoughts. I gotta try that sometime because my mind sure does wonder while there lol..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit