DaCheech 3-1 .750

Violia 3-1 .750

Flipper 3-1 .750

This week's games:

NFC Championship Game

Green Bay Packers at Chicago Bears, Sunday 3:00 PM EST

AFC Championship Game

New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers, Sunday 6:30 PM EST

Obviously I'm picking the Steelers, but I'll save my NFC pick for later this week

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

NFC-Packers, AFC-Steelers

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Just a reminder that the last time the Jets went into Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship, the only reason they lost is because one of the sorriest, over-rated, nitwit coaches in the history of the game, a world class buffoon named Herman Edwards (he proved my point by taking over the perennially-contending KC Chiefs and turning them into a sad-sack, last-place den of offense-less losers), couldn't manage the clock during the last minute of regulation. My grandmother (who is long dead) could have done a better job.

Additionally, they went into Pittburgh just a few weeks ago, after getting pummeled by New England and the mediocre Dolphins in successive weeks, and while even the most positive of us die-hard followers thought they were doing their usual end-of-season down-the-toilet routine, they actually kept their season alive and won the game.

But I digress....why bother saying stuff that the Jets can definitely win this game, when I'm certain that their motor-mouths will be doing fine without me all week long.....

• tec
    tec

NFC - Packers / AFC - Jets

(Packers at the superbowl)

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Aww man, Iron Head, thanks for rubbing it in. .375 percentage LOL. Darth Plaugeis got the same as me. I don't smoke weed either, so what does that say about me? Aww man.

Steelers-AFC, Bears-NFC

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i'm 3-0...........

i'm taking jets and packers.

and put down the same for dacheech jr.

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Aww man, Iron Head, thanks for rubbing it in. .375 percentage LOL. Darth Plaugeis got the same as me. I don't smoke weed either, so what does that say about me? Aww man.

Sorry, my friend. If I could cheat votes, Congress would all be full of Libertarians

the last time the Jets went into Pittsburgh for the AFC Championship

Sorry Prodigal Son, that never happened

And now, a history lesson...

All time regular season vs record: Steelers 15, Jets 4

All time playoff vs record: Steelers 1, Jets 0

Championship game appearances since the AFL/NFL merger: Steelers 15 (an NFL record), Jets 4

Super Bowl Appearances: Steelers 7, Jets 0

Super Bowl Championships: Steelers 6, Jets 0

NFL Championships: Steelers 0, Jets 1 <------------ had to give the Jets that. It was before the merger

Now on to the AFC Championship game: 7 (I tried to keep them to 5) reasons the Jets will not repeat their 12/19/2010 win in Pittsburgh...

1. The Jets scored a TD on the opening KO. That's not likely to happen again. Take that touchdown away, Steelers win

2. Starters Troy Polamalu (SS), Heath Miller (TE) and Aaron Smith (DE) did not play. Polamalu and Miller will start in the AFCC game*. Aaron Smith (DE) may play on Sunday

3. Steelers Defense. 1st in points allowed. 1st in sacks. 1st against the run. Second in total yards allowed

4. Mark Sanchez. Last meeting, he was 19-for-29 for 170 yards and no passing touchdowns. His only touchdown was on an end-around run to tie the score. That won't happen again this week. Take THAT to the bank

5. On 1st and 10 from their own 3, with 2:45 left in the game, the Jets stopped Mewelde Moore in the Pittsburgh endzone for a safety. That play effectively ended the game. Every Steeler fan on the face of the Earth knows that MeMo should not have carried the ball in that situation. Bruce Ariens knows it now too.

6. Head to head, the Steelers are better at every position except cornerback.

7. Ben Roethlisberger. He has brought the Steelers to the AFC Championship Game in four of his seven years in the league. He has the highest winning percentage of any QB in playoff history. If the Steelers win this year, he will have as many rings as Tom Brady, and he already has more than Peyton Manning.

*The last two throws by BR7 into the endzone...to win the game...were to Pittsburgh's 2nd string TE, Matt Spaeth. If Heath Miller had been in, catch made/game won

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

i'm 3-0...........

Ummm...No. There were 4 games

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Miseryloveselders......

Hey........

In the regular Season my Picks were RIGHT on !!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit