by ELPIRO 216 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

Yknot, Bohm-

I'll brew some and watch from the sidelines

• yknot
    yknot

Thank you!

Is that the good news that the Jehovah's witnesses teach about the kingdom?

• yknot
    yknot

Designs..... Thank you from the bottom of my Syrian heart!!!!

• yknot
    yknot

Dang he is out of posts!

El Piro..... if you want to continue this conversation in private click on the enevelop next to your name in the right hand corner of the screen. You will see my 'PM'- private message..... if not then I will try and pop in tomorrow....

Thank you so much for discussing this matter with me!

Huggles

• cofty
    cofty
    Its not that drastic, I am free in Christ he paid my price, someone may suggest this or that,

The Good news that they were teaching is the same good news that Jw ARE preaching today, that through crist we gain salvation from sin

These are not the words of a born-in JW, no JW EVER said that Christ "paid my price". We all know that to a JW Jesus died for the sins of Adam.

This fraud has seen exactly where you are going with your question yknot and is actually quite bright despite his farcical spelling and grammar.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Would Simon or another administrator please allow ElPiro some more posts?

I am quite interested in this topic. I have a question for Elpiro as well about a recent WT article, but please answer Yknot posts first.

Just to give El Piro some background about me: I am living in Europe and I was born-in and raised as a JW, baptised as a teenager and in my thirties. I was appointed MS in the early 20ies and had many parts on meetings, public talks and bookstudy conducting included. I was 1st disappointed in my local elders, but got over that, as I got confirmed that the problems they caused were actually just applying the Society's rules. I have quit being MS by moving congo and I am inactive, although I am still quite regular at meetings. My father is a long time elder and quit university due to 1975 being so close.

The issue I have is with paragraphs 1 & 8 of the Study article on page 21 of the 15/09/2010 Watchtower. Paragraph 1 reads:

"CHRISTENDOM’S churches have human leaders, such as the pope of Rome, the patriarchs and metropolitans of the Eastern Orthodox churches, and the heads of other religions. Jehovah’s Witnesses recognize no human as their leader. They are not disciples or followers of any man. ... The international congregation of anointed Christians and their “other sheep”companions want no leader other than the one Jehovah has given them. (John 10:16) They subscribe to Jesus’ statement: “Your Leader is one, the Christ.”—Matt. 23:10."

I fully agree with this paragraph. Christians should only recognize Jesus as their leader, no human.

Then in Par 8, last sentence, it reads: "The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ."

The governing body are humans, we know their names and faces. Gerrit Losch was a circuit overseer in Austria, just to mention one. Consequently JW witnesses as religion are following humans and not Jesus as leader, as they have written themselves.

My question is this: Do you feel it is right as a christian to follow the lead of these humans instead of Jesus, thereby clearly contradicting Matt 23:10?

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Oh yeah, I forgot the most important:

Elpiro, WELCOME ON THIS BOARD, we are all looking forward to your contributions.

Hoffnung

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Yet another JW born in the 1950s claiming to be annointed.... things that make you go "hmmm"... but then again, some of the GB members were born in the 1950s....

Funny scenerio, as when I was a JW anyone that young claiming to be annointed would have been considered a nut case.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Welcome ELPIRO,

I look forward to reading more posts from you in response to Y-KNOT

It's a pleasure to have another point of view besides

our own

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hello and welcome.

I'd love to 'move on', unfortunately the WBTS does not allow that.

Get a clue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit