1969 Kingdom Ministry PDF

by cabasilas 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

For those interested in collecting the PDFs of the Kingdom Ministry for research purposes.

As is well known, the Watchtower Library CD-ROM starts its coverage of KMs in 1970. However, the KMs from 1966 to 1969 show a bit more of the excitement relating to the prediction that 6,000 years of man's existence would run out in the year 1975.

The 1969 Kingdom Ministry (51 MB) can be downloaded here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HRM4YYX7

The scans were done and shared by Invetigator74. Many thanks for his great scanning work!!

A complete collection of the KMs from 1966 to 1969 (124 MB) can be downloaded from here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4B7TF4S0

There's also a reduced size file for the 1966 to 1969 KMs. The OCR on these (using ABBY) was run by Bereanbiblestudent and he also compressed them to a smaller size. So, there is a slight loss in quality but the searchability is somewhat better. This file is 83 MB and can be downloaded from:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=94UGMQQF

Again, many thanks for Invetigator74, Atlantis, and Bereanbiblestudent who helped at different stages of this project!!

• bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

Many thanks to Invetigator74 for scanning these.

The OCR of the 1969 KM should be the same as the smaller file, as I reduced the file after OCR. That did not effect the Quality much because the original scan was off a very high quality.

Especially 1968 for which I only had a already reduced file size was effected but the OCR on these files had a considerable improvement.

If you use a program like Foxit Reader, you can also search in files in the same folder or even the same hard drive. Without the need of another desktopsearch program. Just click on the binoculars and you are ready to go.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Excellent.

This is a period of my own history where my parents like to deny what they said to me.

Me having the paperwork to demonstrate that the bOrg's own litterature supports what they deny saying to me scares the bejesus out of them.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Thank you very much!

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Glad I was able to help. If I can be any asistance down the road, feel free to ask

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thanks, Bereanbiblestudent, for the info about Foxit Reader. The ABBY program does an incredible job with returning great results for OCR. Thanks again!!

As to the 69 KM. It brought back some personal memories. The June 69 insert promoted pioneering by young JWs. I remember reading this and being influenced by it. (I was baptized the next month.)

Among Jehovah's people there are many
    dedicated youths. Are you one of these? If
    you are, rejoice that you too have a share
    in making Jehovah's heart happy! (Prov.
    27:11) Will you be finishing school soon?
    If so, what have you decided to do after you
    graduate? Or, are you one who has already
    finished school? What course of activity are
    you pursuing?

Of course, there may be a tempting offer
    of higher education or of going into some
    field of work that promises material rewards.
    However, Jehovah God holds out to you
    young folks many marvelous privileges of
    service in his organization. Which will you
    decide to take up? In view of the short time
    left, a decision to pursue a career in this
    system of things is not only unwise but extremely
    dangerous.
    On the other hand, a
    decision to take advantage of what God offers
    through his organization opens up excellent
    opportunities for advancement as well as a
    rich, meaningful life that will never end.
    If you are out of school, can you take
    advantage of the many grand privileges open
    to you in the service of Jehovah God? One
    way you can do this is by deciding to enter
    the ranks of full-time service as a pioneer.
    There is a great need for full-time preachers
    and teachers today. It is a field of activity
    with a marvelous future....

TURNING DOWN WORLDLY OPPORTUNITIES
    IN ORDER TO PIONEER

Many young brothers and sisters were
    offered scholarships or employment that
    promised fine pay. However, they turned
    them down and put spiritual interests first.
    In some cases this was not easy, because of
    pressure from the world to take up its offers.
    For example, one young brother in Florida
    was offered a four-year scholarship in engineering
    at the University of Miami. One of
    his teachers did all he could to convince this
    young man to go to college. He even took
    him to visit some of these institutions to let
    him see what they were like, thereby hoping
    to get him to take advantage of the offer.
    What did this brother decide to do? He
    went into the full-time pioneer service.

Those who believed the "short time remaining" claim by the WTS and did not plan any secular career or seek higher education in 1969 are now beginning to plan their retirements.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Just an FYI, I gave AlanF all the KMs back to 1960 or so bound in volumes. If you need some specific one you might drop him a line.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you cabasilas and investigator 74!!!

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I get sick every time I read this KM. It really messed up my life, because I took all that pioneering garbage to heart. I wouldn't be financially devastated and losing my house right now if I had gone to University back then.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thanks for the kind words and thanks to Black Sheep, Hoffnung, Factfinder and Peaceful Pete!

Mamochan13, I agree about that KM from 1969. I'm hoping that this lesson of history might help young JWs who now feel the renewed anti-higher education push by the current Governing Body. The Watchtower leaders were wrong about this back in 1969 and they're wrong about it now. They have been responsible for making young JWs feel guilty about career choices that are not focused on the religion. Thousands of young JWs like you and me took their advice back in 1969 and we see how wrong they were. We need to speak loudly to JW youth now so that they don't make the same mistake you and I (and thousands others) made.

This is one of the greatest evils the current Governing Body is guilty of: robbing JW youth of a normal childhood and of their growth to achieving their greatest potential.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit