The Phasing Out Of The Public Watchtower Magazine

by dontplaceliterature 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baltar447
    baltar447

How about quarterly Public WT and Awakes. And in between...... you guessed it! Tract campaigns!

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

The Phasing Out Of The WTBTS is on the cards. The bunkers are a sign of this and will the last man turn the lights out

HHG

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Since we are instructed to leave the mags in the hands of really interested individuals, people that will really read it, I don't see why we should have 2 editions of the same mag.

Absolutely great idea to do away with the 'Public' edition of the Watchtower mag!

DY

• Scott77
    Scott77

Great thread. I liked the discussion and the many ideas. Let wait, we will see which one becomes the reality.

Scott77

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

They carn't stop the public witchtower! I use them for the cat litter tray and when we run out of toilet roll...

I know I am a nutta. lol

HHG

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

You are spot on. It makes absolute sense in every way.

They will phase out either the Awake or the 'public' version of the Watchtower. It makes no sense whatsoever to have two public magazines.

Since they have two versions of the Watchtower now, which is stupid, they should eliminate the public Watchtower and simply use the Awake magazine for the public ministry. And get rid of the pointless readers digest style articles in the Awake about nature, etc.

Alternatively, just eliminate the Awake entirely and have a 'public' Watchtower only for the public ministry, and at the same time eliminate the JW only Watchtower and stick the study articles into the Kingdom Ministry or simply rename the JW only Watchtower.

It will be one of those options and will probably happen quite soon.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I brought this up in service today with my Service Overseer. He agreed that his gut told him the Society was moving in this direction.

By the way (With the Service Overseer driving): 2 hours in Service; 5 calls; 4 Not-At-Homes; 1 Return Visit (he was in his car pulling out of the driveway. Spoke for 1 Minute, max); 20 minutes @ McDonalds; 1hr39minute of "windshield time". A total joke, as expected. I didn't take my Bible out one time.

• moshe
    moshe

Both the Awake and the WatchTower are not respected by the public. Their names have no positive goodwill, so going to a tract would make more sense- even better- sell every publisher a cheap Chinese $150 Haipad handheld tablet for $500 with preinstalled videos for door to door presentations- use 5 minute video intros to get Bible studies and provide a secure Internet connection to a WT server (for a profitable monthly fee) that makes sure the JW can't access any factual info about the WT from Internet sites. They can take the Haipads to the KH and have their Wacktowers on them instead of printing paper magazines. The JW can pay for digital editions of the new WT books- with instant "new light" upgrades to the books whenever they need to be updated to avoid embarrassment to the GB.

• smiddy
    smiddy

They will probably join the two mags together,and call it " STAY AWAKE with the WATCHTOWER "

smiddy

• moshe
    moshe

Let's see- One million JWs in north America will want one of those WT Epads= a good market for a handheld tablet- if they sell 500,000 of them the first year with a profit of $200 each that gives the WT a $100 million profit!! Plus, 1 million digital books sold at the summer conventions for $5.00 each- that is a lot more profit than they would get from printing books and they can furlough even more Bethel workers back to their home KH's. They can just print cheap paperback books for the Bible studies-

The WT WiFi 3G Internet for $50/mo can be a real cash cow for them, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit