1984 WT cover, 1914 Gen That Will Not Pass -- How many of 16 alive today?

by FatFreek 2005 71 Replies latest social current

• belbab
    belbab

Questions:

Did these people volunteer to be in this picture? Were they asked? If they had doubts did they acquiece to be in the picture anyway.

I suppose we will never know.

May they all rest in peace.

belbab

• mouthy
    mouthy

belbab!!!!!!Lovely to e you

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

@Lore

i think you are perhaps refering to me as the who 'etched their names on paper?

If so,

i don't rejoice in people getting old and dying. For me, it was putting names to faces of people used by the watchtower society as public images on a magazine cover to prove how right they are that these very people will not all die.

they lied.

thats all

oz

• jgnat
    jgnat

I took a stab at looking up the social security index. I found two likely.

2. Arthur Worsley (several possibles)

3. George Gangas Born May 9, 1915, died April 1991, Barnstable, Massachusetts

4. Johnny Errichetti (several possibles)

5. Steiman (sic)

6. Dick Derderian (two possibles, died in Monmouth, New Jersey and Worchester, Mass.)

7. Ann Rose

9. Sofie Yachinewicz

10. Steiman (sic)

11. Bernice Henschel (several possibles. A Bernice born in 1909 died in January 2001 in Putnam, New York)

12. Mary Hannon (too many possibles)

13. Martin Poetzinger Born July 25, 1904, died June 16, 1988, Brooklyn, Kings, New York

14. George Hannon (too many possibles)

15. Robert H. Hatzfeld (several possibles. A Robert H Hatzfeld born in 1903 died in November 2001 in Putnam, New York)

16. Babette Herrlinger (no matches)

• processor
    processor

A German Bethelite actually thinks that #12 is Gertrud Pötzinger (wife of Martin, #13). Are you sure that is is Mary Hannon?

• steve2
    steve2

Lore, if I look at a photo from 20 to 30 years ago and note that some of the people in it are now deceased I can't help but reflect on their lives and what they hoped for and believed it.

If they asserted that their generation would be the one to see the end of the world and I'm looking at that photo years later, I can't help but feel saddened that their hope was false.

JWs have no hesitation in cruelly criticising what they call the false beliefs of others, yet they become quite emotional when others rightly assert that the Watchtower repeatedly - and falsely - trumpeted as fact that the 1914 generation would still be alive when the end came. Hope is improtant for humans - but not just any hope. You'd expect it to be grounded in truth and honesty.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Processor,

I can see the resemblance between Mary Hannon and Gertrud Poetzinger from other pictures. I only knew Mary and never met Gertrud. I assumed it was Mary because she and Babbette (#16) were always together when I knew them in the mid-70s and they're next to each other in the picture. Perhaps if we can find out when Mary died it might rule her out (if she died before the pic was taken).

• processor
    processor

BTW, some of these people (4, 8 and 12?) are also shown in the Revelation book.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

2. Arthur Worsley (several possibles)

3. George Gangas Born May 9, 1915, died April 1991, Barnstable, Massachusetts

4. Johnny Errichetti (several possibles)

5. Steiman (sic)

6. Dick Derderian (two possibles, died in Monmouth, New Jersey and Worchester, Mass.)

7. Ann Rose

9. Sofie Yachinewicz

10. Steiman (sic)

11. Bernice Henschel (several possibles. A Bernice born in 1909 died in January 2001 in Putnam, New York)

12. Mary Hannon (too many possibles)

13. Martin Poetzinger Born July 25, 1904, died June 16, 1988, Brooklyn, Kings, New York

14. George Hannon (too many possibles)

15. Robert H. Hatzfeld (several possibles. A Robert H Hatzfeld born in 1903 died in November 2001 in Putnam, New York)

16. Babette Herrlinger (no matches)

I think the one for Gangas is wrong. I believe he was born before 1915. Now, the one for Bernice Henschel and Robert Hatzfeld is interesting. Did they both die in Putnam, NY? That's quite a coincidence. I checked and Putnam is way N in NY state and not near Patterson or Wallkill. Anyone with an idea on this? Does the Society have a facility or connection (nursing home?) in Putnam?

The pic from the Revelation book is also interesting. I wonder if that's a better pic of number 8 or just an artist's embellishment?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

1 Clarence Ulrich
    2 Arthur Worsley b, 1907 (16 in 1923, WT Mar 1, 1986, p21)
    3 George D. Gangas b. 17 Feb 1896 d. 28 July 1994
    4 Johnny Errichetti d. before 2000 (AsilentOne)
    5 Mrs Steiman/Steeman
    6 Richard (Dick) Derderian
    7 Ann Rose
    9 Sophie Yuchinewicz (Yuchnewicz???)
    10 Mr Steiman/Steeman
    11 Bernice (Bun) Henschel
    12 Mary Hannon 1915 "high school days were over" (or possibly Gertrud Pötzinger) Martin's wife.
    13 Martin Poetzinger (Pötzinger) b. July 25, 1904, d. June 16, 1988, Brooklyn, Kings, New York
    14 George Hannon 1914 was his first year at high school
    15 Robert Hatzfeld b. July 7, 1903 (WT Aug 1, 1994, p21)
    16 Babbette Herrlinger b. 1894

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit