9 months into my fade... how things are looking so far...

by gutted 19 Replies latest jw friends

• mamalove
    mamalove

Your story rings familier in a few ways. :) I am really glad that you seemed to "escape" unscathed for now. :)

As for getting immersed in a REAL life, not a JW life, it is pretty easy if you are kind to people, can hold a decent conversation, and practice with your self confidence. Chicks dig a confident guy. Never arrogance, but if you want to start dating I have some silly thing for you to think about. Shallow, yes, but I am told that my advice worked well, so you never know.

Girls-I agree, totally stay away from anyone related to JW's. You are in your late 20's which is perfect. My guy friends say that they have the most success just saying, hey would you ever like to have dinner with me sometime? Do not try anything cheesy. Just up front, smile, confident. They say that girls look at shoes and gague how a man is. If they have nice shoes and have an upkept appearance, somewhat in fashion if you will, you will have more success. I know that should not be the first thing, but that is the way it is. One of my guy friends is eternally grateful I taught him to use hair product, to buy some new, darker looking jeans with a modern cut, and of course some new shoes that are in style. He really likes it and is more confident now.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

gutted! Happy New Year bud!

Thanks for the update, glad you're doing well and sorting things out on living a real life. I'm proud of your dedication to NOT go back. I always seem to get sucked in at least once every couple of months, although I haven't been to a Thursday night mtg for 9 months...

You'll find a great girl soon! How soon? No idea, I won't predict dates like the WTS. lol.

Take care and keep up the progress!!

• nugget
    nugget

I am pleased things are going well for you and sincerely hope that you continue to progress. The problem will come when you fully outgrow the organisation and want to embrace some of the opportunities the real life offers. Also be careful for the moment when your local elders come back from the school since that is when they feel the need to hunt down their waifs and strays and pin them down.

It is fantastic to see yet another person make a successful escape from all the madness it takes strength of mind.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done to you...pluck up the courage now and ask a nice girl out for a coffee first...it wont be as hard as you think once you get chatting...

Loz x

• whatistruth
    whatistruth
    Rule #1 is DO NOT DATE A JW. If even a microbe of you is pondering it, grab something solid and hit yourself very hard with it.

So true!!!!!!! This is rule #1. If you do they will tell you all the right things at the beginning then bang! They want you come back, it's best for you, blah blah blah. So devious

• gutted
    gutted

Mamalove, I agree with those points, I don't think they are shallow, it is the nature of the game. My main sticking point is the initial approach.

Soldier, how you doing brah? I hope I get a girl by the end of the year, I'm not gonna make it a prediction though lol

Also I am definitely not going to date a JW... they don't put out

Jokes, jokes...

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

Looks like life is going fairly well for you. Hope you get a girl by the end of the year.

NLW's wife

• moshe
    moshe

I'm proud of you, Gutted. I see you have joined the human race now. Good luck and may your family continue to be generous in their attitudes towards you.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Thanks for the update, I hope a wonderful young lady comes into your life this year! NMKA

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats on the successful fade! And don't worry too much about girls. Just go out with friends and have fun, and you'll naturally meet and date a few girls here and there. It will give you a chance to get to kow yourself btter, so you'll be ready to meet Miss Right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit