Open apology from former elder

by im stuck in 27 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Hi there "Im stuck in". I accept your apology in the spirit in which it has been offered. You sound genuinely sorry for your contribution to others suffering and hardship. Each one of us who was ever committed to the JW religion could potentially think of ways in which our actions at the time perpetuated some kind of hardship on others. I think of the constant pressure and guilt I put on my younger siblings to attend meetings and go out in field service. My phiolosophy in life is now much more compassionate: I can always learn from my mistakes and do better next time...and at the same time show myself some understanding and compassion. I truly believed "it" was the Truth - so I behaved in a manner consistent with my belief.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Tell that to those you disfellowshipped. Then move on.

Peace.

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Good Evening - Stuck in

About 25 years ago or so, it bothered me calling persons in the congregation a "Brother" when they absolutely did not have the true definition of a Brother. But by your attitude, you fit the true meaning of "Brother". A true brother understands 2 very important words in the scriptures, and that is Love and Compassion.

Sincerely, Truth and Justice

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome, saving a soul will be the best way to feel better. btw dfing someone is not that bad. i am actually thankful now

• Scott77
    Scott77

welcome

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I once outed a pioneer for living a double life and being a whore (no REALLY a whore like charging money for sex) I feel bad about it now as I should have just given her $20 and had some fun. As she was a goodie goodie she didn't even get Df'ed. Hilariously enough she is Df'ed now but no longer selling it.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

If you were the elder who df'd me... I would say that your apology would mean the world to me!

And I would say that it was the best gift (the df'ing) that you ever gave me - the "shove" out of the nest cult to finding freedom.

• flipper
    flipper

I'M Stuck In- Welcome to the board friend and it's really caring of you to apologize for having served on JCs put forth by the WT society. But please- don't be too hard on yourself. If you get a chance to read 2 books by Steve Hassan - " combatting Cult Mind Control " & " Releasing the Bonds- Empoering People to Think for Themselves " you will come to understand that YOU were under the influence of WT society cult mind control in your mind like ALL of us Ex-JW's were, elder or non-elder ! Then - you will lose some of the guilt and/or fear that the WT society instilled in all of us. We are glad to have you here my friend. It's good that you are honest and sorry for your participation in being on JCs, however go easy on yourself, the main thing is you REALIZE the whole WT thing is a sham meant to scam ALL of our families. Take care and look forward to hearing more from you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit