An Open letter to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses (Elders/ Ex-Elders)

by stuckinamovement 123 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

If you are an elder or an ex-elder please add a comment. I hope that the Governing Body will see this. It is too bad it has to be on an anonymous forum. Is there anyone honest in Brooklyn??

Open Letter to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses

Dear Brothers,

I served for 7 years as an Elder in the Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses. I recently relinquished this privilege for the following reasons:

1. My whole life I was taught that Armageddon is going to be here any moment and is imminent. The direction from the Holy spirit said that the end was going to come in 1914, 1925,1975, Before the end of the twentieth century, and you would never grow old or fulfill any career. It didn't happen. "Imminent" and "soon" has stretched on for over 100 years. These interpretations of bible prophecy have proven to be false yet you continue to pretend that they were directed by Jehovah.

2. I was taught that there would be few anointed left when the end came and that the number will decrease as the end drew near. The number of anointed is increasing.

3. I was told that field service is a life saving work that must be performed with a sense of urgency. So far not one persons life has been saved, and even though it is "urgent" the antiquated method of calling on empty houses is used as the primary way of trying to reach people. Television, internet, email, postal service, social networking are not used even though the effectiveness of these methods are proven. I doubt that you feel that this is a lifesaving work yourself.

4. We are taught as an organization that the light gets brighter as Jehovah blesses his servants with Holy Spirit and increased understanding. Is Jehovah responsible for flip flopping doctrines such as the generation of Matt. 24:34, organ transplants, Blood transfusions, the superior authorities etc. or is it men who claim to be inspired? Despite these changes each time credit/blame is given to Jehovah. If the Faithful and Discreet slave were actually inspired, faithful, or discreet, these teachings would have never changed.

5. We are taught that we live in a spiritual paradise and associate with the safest group of people on earth. As Elders we were given instructions in some cases not to tell the authorities or to warn the congregation. The organization has tried in the past to sweep the problem under the rug, and continues to do so in the misguided effort to protect its reputation.

6. Disfellowshipping as practiced within the organization, cannot be found in the scriptures. Would Jesus have treated sinners the way that we as Witnesses treat sinners?

7. I was taught that the United Nations organization is the wild beast described in Revelation and is one of the organizations controlled by Satan. Despite this, the Watchtower Society was partners of the UN for a number of years as a Non-Governmental Organization. This is the height of hypocrisy.

8. Even though the "truth" changes, if you believe something other than what is published as the latest light (right or wrong) you can be disfellowshipped. I have seen this personally happen and remain anonymous because of fear that this will happen to me.

9. 1914 cannot be proved by scripture as the end of the Gentile times. No one other than the Witnesses believes that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE. Brother Russell used the Great Pyramid of Giza's measurements to corroborate 1914 as the end of the Gentile times. The calculation arbitrarily uses a lunar year of 360 days to come to a date based on a solar year of 365.25 days.

10.Even though I have been told repeatedly that world conditions are deteriorating in fulfillment of Matt. 24 Earthquakes are not increasing in frequency according to the USGS. Crime rates have dropped dramatically according to the Department of Justice. The life span of mankind has risen dramatically since 1914 as pestilence is treated, controlled, or eradicated according to the Department of Health. Food shortages are decreasing. Wars are not increasing.

11.Even though I pray through Jesus to Jehovah, I am taught and am expected to teach that Jesus is not our mediator. This is despite what the Bible says at 1 Tim. 2:5,6.

Brothers, these are some of the reasons that caused me to resign serving as an Elder. I cannot with a good conscience support an organization that pretends to be something that it is not, just as I cannot pretend to be something or someone that I am not.

I ask that you consider the large number of appointed men resigning as a symptom to a larger problem within the organization. The problem is the Governing Body assumes an arrogant and authoritarian position in that it acts as God’s sole channel here on earth today. I can see it, many others have seen it and are quitting because of it. The vast majorities that resign are not doing so because they want to live an immoral life without Godly principles, they resign because they are men of principle.

You cannot control people’s thoughts and intentions, even as much as you would like to. Jehovah created each of us with a sense of fairness and honesty, and most importantly free will.

Members of the Governing Body, I ask you to act as men of principle yourself. Allow people to have the freedom to choose for themselves whether they want to be a part of your organization or not, and if they choose to leave, allow them to do so without sanctions. Honestly admit it if you are not sure of a scriptural interpretation, do not force people to believe something that you are not convinced of yourself. Do not allow past mistakes in policy or doctrine to continue to morph into future mistakes that may cost people their families or even their lives. Lastly, protect the people under your spiritual care not through secrecy, but through transparency, with the foremost quality of love in mind.

Your Brother,

SIAM

• laverite
    laverite

Brilliant!

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Masterpiece!

Amen brother - well said!

• freydo
    freydo

And worst of all...........you hypocritically condemn churches.....but......

"....According to a Catholic weekly, the Protestants acknowledge the authority of the Pope when they continue to worship on Sunday:

'Protestants...accept Sunday rather than Saturday as the day for public worship after the Catholic Church made the change...But the Protestant mind does not seem to realize that in accepting the Bible, in observing the Sunday, they are accepting the authority of the spokesman for the Church, the Pope.' (Our Sunday Visitor, Feb.5, 1950)

.....This very issue of Lord's day observance is the argument Rome used to refute the validity of the Reformation Movement. The Protestants motto was sola scriptura (the Scriptures alone). This was in direct defiance of the Catholic Church who put tradition and her own authority above the authority of the written Scriptures. When the Protestants clearly admitted in the Augsburg Confession (1530) that the Lord's day (Sunday) had been authorized by the Church and was observed on the basis of tradition, Rome's representatives argued that Protestants really didn't believe in the Scriptures alone, since they based their "Lord's Day" observance on tradition, not on the Bible. For this reason, the Council concluded that the Reformers relied upon the authority of the church, not upon the authority of the Bible. So, they officially dismissed the protestant reformation as a rebellious, unsubstantiated dissent against the Church. ("Rome's Challenge," Review and Herald: Takoma Park, ___, p.26)

But, although Rome has convinced most of the world that Sunday is the "Lord's day," the Bible still declares that the true follower of Messiah will rest on the seventh day from his work, as Elohim did from his. When the day which Elohim has established for the purpose of rest and worship is profaned, and another day is honored in it's place, then that kind of "worship" is not in accord with Elohim's will. Elohim has blessed the seventh day and made it holy. Man does not have the authority to nullify what Elohim has declared to be so. So let all who love him keep his Sabbaths holy.

Summary

The Torah ("law") of Elohim is the mark on the hand and forehead of the believer, and obedience to all of the commandments of Elohim is the testimony of the Christian that he loves Elohim. The keeping of the Appointed Festival Holy Days of Yahuwah (as part of the Torah) is Elohim's sign on the hand and forehead, and the proper use of Elohim's holy name "Yahuwah" is his seal - his mark of ownership on the believer's forehead. All who know the truth and obey Elohim will have this mark, signifying their allegiance to the Creator of the universe.

The beast, too, has his mark. It is lawlessness, the direct defiance of Elohim's Torah (law). The Papacy has boldly usurped the authority which Elohim alone possesses by declaring that she has the authority to replace Elohim's laws with her own. In this way, the world church, sometimes referred to as "Babylon," has rejected Elohim by rejecting the day He has set apart for worship of Him, and has exalted Sunday in its place.

This, she declares, is her mark of authority........."

http://www.bibletruth.cc/Body_the_mark.htm

• fokyc
    fokyc

SIAM - Better than anything I could have written and ALL absolutely true.

IF they read it! They will then just lie to themselves that it is YOU who are wrong.

You ask :" Is there anyone honest in Brooklyn??"

IF there is, it is more than they would dare to voice any opinions.

It is the same in ALL other Branch offices.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Cosign! All of those reasons were part of my tought process in resigning and realizing that the GB doesn't speak for Jehovah.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Very good job. The Governing Body could also do less self-promotion of themselves and more promotion of Jesus in the KH's & literature.

Think About It

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

they don't care

if this was a letter in their hands they would crumple it up and throw it in the trash

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Sadly, nancy drew is right. The Borg couldn't care less about the individuals of the flock. People are just numbers to them.

• flipper
    flipper

STUCKINAMOVEMENT- Great letter you wrote. Sadly , however Nancy Drew is correct. They couldn't care less about the individuals in their cult. You asked a valid question : " Is there anyone honest in Brooklyn ? " Sadly again, the answer is NO. And if there ARE a few handful who ARE honest- they are outnumbered by the 80 or 90 % who are DISHONEST . One reason the WT society will not back down on their control and power game

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit