Jehovah's Witnesses Take Pride In Being Ignorant

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Witnesses love to say they are in the BEST school available---The Theocratic Ministry School.

Witnesses don't want you to express research on a subject when giving a comment during a meeting. Just read verbatim what is in the paragraph.

If elders or Ministerial Servants WANT or ALLOW their children to seek "higher education" they may very well be removed from their "privileges of service".

If you have to get schooling, "home schooling" is considered a good choice since it would curtail any association with "worldly" children not of the same Witness faith.

Jehovah's Witnesses say that simply reading their publications is more advantagous than any college or university degree.

Having nice things because of working full time or overtime is seriously frowned upon because Witnesses should never miss one meeting or their opportunity to go house to house. Wanting material possessions is a snare of the Devil!

The longer I'm out of the Organization the more I pity the ignorance of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• oompa
    oompa

hey mini...a question i like to ask is how many religions discourage their children from having a better or higher education than did their own parents? i know you know it is not just JW...but obviously most dont....how you been mini??.............oompa

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Sounds like Oompa is DEFENDING the Witnesses!!!!!!!!! How hard did he hit his head??????

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah The Watchtower is a very Scientific journal.....like the articles from the 60's on how "Dinousars may have been on Noahs ark" and human organ transplants patients retain the personality of the donor......good stuff!!!

• Judge Dread
  • Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Could it be it's a cult? I know that label is very, very offensive to Jehovah's Witnesses, so I never use it in conversation with them, but it's still a valid question for any organisation that revolves around religion. Maybe all of them are cults and it's just a matter of degrees. One could even question whether or not JWN is a cult and it would surely offend many people in here. So, being offended is understandable. If I am a Jehovah's Witness and someone has told me that I belong to a cult, I might be offended. It doesn't mean the question is taboo.

So, could it be it's a cult?

Most of the folks I know who are in it are happy. If only it didn't hurt people, then I'd be indifferent.

• oompa
    oompa

witness 007 i was not hit hard enough to defend them!!!.....you shallow little thinker you!!!....when you list the other religions that discourage higher education...it puts jws in a very sad group.....the biggest of which may be islam as practiced in so many countries.........oompa

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah's Witnesses Take Pride In Being Ignorant

"It`s what seperates Jehovah`s Witness`s,from the Animals"..

"It would be Faster to"..

"Train a Monkey to Read that Sign!"..

http://www.delsquacho.com/images/door-to-door.jpg. .http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4433/ilmanagercu5.jpg

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Amazing
    Amazing

Sadly, the JWs have attracted some people of considerable education ... and the Society has paid some of their Bethel staff to attend law school and pass the New York bar. Quite a number of good engineers, structural and civil especially, have been temporary workers at Bethel during the days of construction expansion. I worked with some of these folks during my early engineering career on the west coast ... fortunately, I never went to Bethel or gave away my services to the organization ... eventually critical thinking and hard experience caused me to search out the organization, and then leave it.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Education and intelligence are mutually exclusive, Amazing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit