Bill O'Reilly vs. David Silverman: You Know They're All Scams

by whereami 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

:It would help if you could read. I DIDN'T SAY IT. Go back and see it what I actually said.

Ok. I did.

Here it is:

---------------

Funny comments:

"I know I'm not the smartest guy in town"

Smartest statement? Bill O'Reilly has ever made.

---------------------

Note that you put Bill's comments in quotes and the comment below it is not in quotes, brackets or preceeded by a colon to indicate it was made by none other than you.

The average person would conclude what I concluded: YOU made that comment. So either you are a liar, or you didn't present the comment in such a way that any of us could conclude it was made by anyone BUT you.

Which is it?

Farkel

• whereami
    whereami

Farkel you are correct. After looking at it I can see how it could of been confusing for you. I just copied and pasted exactly the way it was in the comments section of the video. Sorry about that.

But, I did say this in my second post "Did you realize that it wasn't I who said that about your friend Bill. If you re-read it I was quoting something I thought was humorous that someone else said in the comment section of this YouTube video".

So I thought I was making it clear of any confusion that might have existed.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Stephen Colbert's take on O'Reilly's ignorance of tides:

BILL O'REILLY (1/5/2011): Sun comes up, the sun goes down. The tide comes in, the tide goes out. It always happens. Never a miscommunication.

STEPHEN COLBERT: Now like all great theologies, Bill's can be boiled down to one sentence:

There must be a God, because I don't know how things work.

The point is, there is a God, because we don't know what causes the tides, and we can never know what causes them. My best guess is that the ocean levels rise when God gets in the bath, and lower again when he gets out. And he takes two baths a day, because cleanliness is next to Him-liness. So get used to it, atheists. There is a God, he created the tides, and no one can explain what causes them.

NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON: Actually, Stephen, I can.

STEPHEN COLBERT: Astrophysicist and director of the Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History, Neil deGrasse Tyson?!? Neil, thanks so much!

TYSON: Hello!

COLBERT: Hey, so, Neil, what are you doing here?

TYSON: Well, so I was in the planetarium in my office, and I overheard your confusion about tides, so I rushed right over.

COLBERT: How did you get here so fast?

TYSON: I have a wormhole.

COLBERT: Wow.

TYSON: So Stephen, the changing tides are caused by a couple factors, but mostly the Moon.

COLBERT: The Moon makes the tides change. So the oceans are werewolves, that makes sense. OK, thanks for stopping by, Neil.

TYSON: No, no, Stephen, Stephen, that's not right. As the Moon orbits the Earth, the gravitational force exerts a pull on the side of the Earth closest to the Moon, and that raises the tides.

COLBERT: So the Moon controls the tides.

TYSON: Exactly.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I'm not crazy about BillO myself, but you have to admit, he being a believer, yet having a prominent atheist on, is very cool. Open discussion and all that. I think he had the Dawkins on once.

BTS

• Farkel
    Farkel

whereami,

Thank you for clearing that up now. It confuses us (especially in large threads) when someone forgets to identify that the source of a comment was someone else on the board, or from somewhere else.

I would have never jumped on you had I known that was someone else's observation and not yours.

Farkel

• whereami
    whereami

No harm done .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit