Missing references in CD

by peacefulpete 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yknot
    yknot

Was this it?

*** w72 10/1 p. 588 pars. 2-3 Facing Up to Questions of Conscience ***

2 Paul said of the non-Israelite nations, those that were never under the Law covenant: “For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law [that is, a law code from God], are a law to themselves.” In what way? In that “they are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them and, between their own thoughts, they are being accused or even excused.” (Rom. 2:12-16) So this “law” that they are “to themselves” is not a law that they themselves make for themselves regardless of what others think.

3 This moral nature, inherited from God’s first human son, operates as a “law” or rule of conduct in people of all races and nationalities, now as in the past. This explains why the national or tribal laws of virtually all people have reflected at least some of God’s righteous standards, even though these peoples were without the Bible as their guide. It explains why individuals, though not true servants of Jehovah God or even professed Christians, may live generally “decent” lives, often manifesting adherence to certain good principles. At the same time it explains why God could justly hold not only his covenant people of Israel but the whole world of mankind ‘liable for punishment,’ and why, in the coming expression of his judgment, he can justly “render to each one according to his works.”—Rom. 2:6; 3:9, 19.

• TD
    TD

I tinkered around a little bit and got an original 1993 WTLIB to run. (One of several problems with the INI file is that the install program doesn't bother to check the drive letter of your optical dirve. It assumes that it will always be mounted as the D:\ volume without exception.)

Anyhow, the 1993 version only has Awake! going back to 1980 and lists no references of Romans 2:16 in the Awake! at all. (Maybe you were using the 95 or 97 version? Awake! was taken back to 1970 in later versions)

The 1997 through 2006 versions lists one reference in Awake! (G78 8/22 p.28) that the 1993 version should have found, which makes me wonder if you might have found your references using some other search criteria than I tried just now (i.e. Simply typing in Romans 2:16)

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Well I've learned not to trust my memory too much but my wife just recalled the very same thing since it created a stink in the congo at the time. The 72 WT was perhaps the WT that I remembered having danced around saying it. I am certain that an Awake or 2 had briefly but more clearly opened the possibility of NonJWs surviving Arm based upon that text. And yes I'm also suspecting Franz wrote them.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I do memeber having to use a number of key word searches.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

And BTW I appreciate the effort. I do thnnk if it is found it would be useful.

• TD
    TD

I'd love to find it

• blondie
    blondie

Do you remember any keywords? I checked and could not find anything close.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

4/1/82 Watchtower takes those scriptures the standard Borg way: ignorance is no excuse - you WILL BE killed by the God of Love. (page 30, par 17)

Still looking for anything that says otherwise.

• TD
    TD

There's a fairly liberal quote in the August 15, 1998 issue of The Watchtower: (Not the time frame or the scripture we're looking for though)

"With complete confidence in Jehovah’s righteousness, we need not worry about finding answers to questions like: ‘How will babies and small children be judged? Might it be that a large number of people will not yet have been reached with the good news when Armageddon arrives? What about the mentally ill? What about . . . ?’ Granted, at present we may not know how Jehovah will resolve these issues. He will do so, however, in a righteous and merciful way. We should never doubt that. In fact, we may be amazed and delighted to observe him resolve them in a way that we never even considered.—Compare Job 42:3; Psalm 78:11-16; 136:4-9; Matthew 15:31; Luke 2:47."

• sleepingbeauty
    sleepingbeauty

I have a copy of the Watchtower Library 2003 on CD Rom. It contains details for all Watchtowers back to 1950, whilst the Awakes go back as far as 1970... (of course it has all the Kingdom Ministry's on it too & all other books & brochures).

pm me if anyones interested in having it too :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit