Worlds Apart (Movie) now on Youtube

by Billen76 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LotusFlower1
    LotusFlower1

I went ahead and posted it on my fB page. Got some pretty funny comments from a "worldly" person. The movie's not really apostate...in fact, some witnesses would probably watch it and say "See?? She got what she deserved".

BTW, Troubled Mind, you have a pm

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

This will be on Sundance in a half hour (Pacific Time).

• Billen76
    Billen76

Actually Worlds Apart played at the 2008 Berlin International Film Festival and was submitted by Denmark for the 2009 Academy Award for Best Foreign Film.

I Denmark this movie have become a hit for education in High School Psychology classes. The interest is broader than one might have thought.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Billen76 wrote: I Denmark this movie have become a hit for education in High School Psychology classes. The interest is broader than one might have thought.

Nice.

-Aude.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

You need a medical note to wear a beard. It is hilarious. And the Bible states expressly, Jehovah's Witnesses, the faithful and discreet slave, has authority to promulgate personal grooming rules in the Western hemisphere but not in Europe.

• william hahn
    william hahn

A few months before i was DF a long long time husband of a baptized sister in a neighbour cong in Sydney Australia was baptized with a beard.I dont know if he would be given any privlidges in the cong ,if they dont thats a good way of not getting pushed just grow a beard.If as they so often quote we are made in Jehovahs image why are we dictated by the prevailling fashion to shave.Do they seek to alter the creators design.Over and over we were told to not follow worldly fashion- brothers and ex-brothers through out your shavers!

• d
    d

I am watching the movie now and it is great Thank you for the link I am really liking this movie

• satinka
    satinka

Wonderful movie! Oh, the guilt tripping that the JWs do.

satinka

• d
    d

I watched the movie last night and really liked it. It really showed how the Jw's treat their own families in regards to shunning.The ending a little happy and mad. I was mad at the dad for shunning his daughter but happy that the daughter made her decision to stay with the guy Mitchael.I saw in the movie, the religion for what it really is a mind controlling cult mind on submission.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit