WTS ADVICE FOR YOUNG WOMEN WANTING TO MARRY

by still wondering 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• amicus
    amicus

I still see on occasion an old couple (very old) in my community who choose not to have children because we all *knew* that gnu system was going to arrive in 1974.

I remember clearly how such nonsense was encouraged.

Finding truth today is like stumbling around blindfolded in a house of mirrors.

Layers upon layers.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

"Deborah is a real woman"

As opposed to all you poor female excuses of women?

ROFLMAO!!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What about older women who wish to marry? Frankly, I know Deborah is OT but not what made her claim to Bible fame. Wasn't it Dinah who was raped? I suppose a lot were raped b/c the Jewish line is matrilineal to account for rape. If she were raped, it sounds like a Watchtower fantasy fulfilled. Rutherford despised women but could not keep his hands off them.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I suppose a lot were raped b/c the Jewish line is matrilineal to account for rape. ..."

Ahhhh... NO!

The "Jewish" line wasn't matrilineal - not during biblical times, at least... I suspect they dropped the matriarchal lineages after the Israelites stopped worshipping goddesses and began worshipping male gods... You know, "El", "Yahweh"...

Are you perhaps referring to Mary's patrilineal line as described in the New Testament???

Also, when one considers the sometimes fatal punishments for certain types of victims of rape in the Old Testament, it would not appear that the Israelites were very concerned about tracing the lineage of a rape victim's offspring - most were apparently cut off by their rape-victim-mother's execution...

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit