JW's turned up to see if I celebrated xmas

by MMXIV 12 Replies latest social entertainment

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Had a surprise visit from some JW relatives over Xmas. They had never visited before, had never been invited, were travelling out of their way and despite having planned to "stop by" gave no advanced warning such as a phone call even a few minutes ahead of time to see if it was convenient. They stood at the door apologising for not phoning in advance but offered no reason other than that they'd decided not to call.

When invited in they had little to say (perhaps disappointed??). But they weren't able to bust me for celebrating as no evidence of decorations could be seen.

They were too late. Xmas had already been celebrated: a stack load of presents been opened, the dinner and wrappings, hats, crackers were all cleared away. The tree was elsewhere in the home. All that remained was the good cheer, wonderful memories and considerable video footage that will never grace their eyes.

mmxiv

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

When invited in they had little to say (perhaps disappointed??).

Just thinking, not knowing your relatives, could it be that maybe they're part of the conscious class now and were hoping that they could confess to you, seeing you had a Christmas tree up, and start a new family tradition? Wouldn't that have been great?

Our JW relatives usually pull that 'surprise visit' thing every year as well, mostly during the holidays. We were spared this year.

They were too late. Xmas had already been celebrated: a stack load of presents been opened, the dinner and wrappings, hats, crackers were all

cleared away. The tree was elsewhere in the home. All that remained was the good cheer, wonderful memories and considerable video

footage that will never grace their eyes.

I just love that! Good for you!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I know some drove by my house to see... I live out of the was... didn't decorate this year but got some 50% lights for next year

• Gerard
    Gerard

I hope they brought you Christmas presents.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

meeting Junkie,

A good observation. I think they are in a conscious class but one of their own. They can laugh at the ludicrous teachings in the revelation book, the hypocracy of some of the backstabbing people in the congragation, never do more than they have to on FS and make lots of excuses for missing meetings. That's the good stuff.

Sadly they are transparently dishonest, selfish and very pious with it. They are in it to control others - I hope they never leave as they're such a bad advert for JW's that they'll put more people off joining if they stay in. Is that a truly bad thought?

I think of them every xmas when Mr Scrooge comes on TV because they'd probably steal gifts rather than bring any - no jesting

mmxiv

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Love it!

Snoozy

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

Jw's are the most nosey folks I know. If, (and I mean if) they had the balls to do that then I would pass on to them this nastiest assed fruit cake I got as part of a gift by a friend.

• flipper
    flipper

MMXIV- Good job on your part in handling them. Seems like you had everything covered. I agree with SLIPNSLIDE- JW's are absolutely the nosiest people I know for sure. I mean, come on- 3 years ago my ex-wife ( emphasis on EX ) drove 80 miles out of the way to see if me and my fiance Mrs. Flipper now my wife - were doing the horizontal bop ! LOL ! These people never give up- I tell ya. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

They can come and look and see all the xmas lights on the house and the santa things in the lawn if they want. I don't give a crap!!! Bollocks to them all!!! Elders are scum of the earth.

HHG

• Alfred
    Alfred

The other day I was fixing a stuck window when I noticed 2 people in ridiculous athletic gear walking up to my culdesac... It was starting to get dark but as they got close, I noticed it was an elder and his wife (whom I haven't seen in months!)... they slowed down considerably to get a better look at my house... I still haven't put up any lights (but I think I might next year)... anyway, they NEVER do their "walking" near my home... but here they were trying to pin with something... incredible...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit