"How Awful This Place Can Be!" Life at Bethel by Keith Casarona

by Dogpatch 56 Replies latest jw friends

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

Marking for later. I'm so glad I passed on the invitation to stay on at Bethel when I worked out there. My older brothers weren't so lucky. One put 4 years in I guess and the othe put 6 years in. What a waste of time.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Randy- I came across these names of some brothers I met on Bethel tours in the 90's (?)-

Trever Jorgenson and Randal Johnston.

Did you know them? I don't know how long they were there or if they still are. Thanks!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ho - LEEE Frikkin' HANNAH....

I had heard rumors about life at Bethel while I was still 'in' - during the years leading up to their 1975 hysteria - but according to your friend's commentary, it was MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH worse than the 'rumors'!!!!!!

• safireblu64
    safireblu64

My goodness what an entertaining read!!! I laughed out loud so many times!! I am so glad that this was put up here, because it just goes to show what really goes on behind closed doors. And to think that at one time when I was younger and eager to do what was 'right' and expected, that I wanted to go to bethel and be an artist for the publications! YIKES!!! I hope that place is the first to fall in Armegeddon!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I just read every single installment...

If ever there was one set of writings that shows the evil nature of this religion, it is these.

Ray Franz exposed the GB,

but this shows the pure rotten stinking maggot ridden orgnization for what it is.

oz

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I don't have contact with Keith anymore, anewone, his last post here was a few years ago I think.

Randy

• Ding
    Ding

The more stories I hear about Bethel, the more I think, "Imagine an entire planet run by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society."

Paradise earth???

• Izzy
    Izzy

Sure puts things into perspective.

• factfinder
    factfinder

We get to see what is really behind the WT facade and it is very dissapointing.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

good read - what is 'hazing'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit