WT article on ''never have we said Jehovah has said"

by Aussie Oz 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Been going nuts looking for this.

i am sure i have read, and probably saved, a quote by them about not being false prophets but i am buggered if i can find it anywhere in search, google or my own pc.

can you help?

i think its 2009 but not sure, where they have the line 'never have we said ''jehovah has said'' when ...'

a link or pdf or scan or cut n paste, etc would be great!

thankyou

OZ

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Yes, I would be interested to see that in print too.

The closest rebuttal to that statement is from a 1959 Watchtower:

To hold to the headship of Christ, it is therefore necessary to obey the organization that he is personally directing. Doing what the organization says is to do what he says. Resisting the organization is to resist him.

abe

w595/1p.269AttainCompletenessintheNewWorldSociety

To hold to the headship of Christ, it is therefore necessary to obey the organization that he is personally directing. Doing what the organization says is to do what he says. Resisting the organization is to resist him.

abe

abe

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I DO NOT HAVE THE MAG. BUT IT IS IN THE MARCH 22,1993 page 4.

"JEHOVAHS WITNESSES HAVE SUGGESTED DATES THAT TURNED OUT TO BE WRONG.

NEVER DID THEY SAY "THESE ARE THE WORDS OF JEHOVAH."

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Whose words would they be? If it is not the word of God (which it is not), why follow them and rely on their statements? I am a lawyer so this is very illuminating. I was too young to recall how these statements were worded. Even if they use some legalistic device to couch their statement, the Governing Body must know that people rely on these statements to their very death. Why do they fearlessly predict such wacky stuff? Reliance and their knowledge of reliance is the key.

I was raised with 1975. In the beginning, we were told not to proclaim it to outsiders b/c the time was not right. Soon JW students were threatening with annihilation in 1975 if I attended a school orchestra concert instead of KH one time. They screamed it in front of all.

They are very legalistic with a million loopholes to avoid responsibility. The blood doctrine is the worse to me. Death is required, then not required. How does one live with the knowledge that your false reading caused the death of another human needlessly? The Pharisees had no such distinctions as between blood parts and whole blood.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

*** g93 3/22 Why So Many False Alarms? ***
    [Footnotes]
    Jehovah's Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus' second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah.' Never did they say, ‘These are the words of Jehovah.' The Watchtower, the official journal of Jehovah's Witnesses, has said: "We have not the gift of prophecy." (January 1883, page 425) "Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible." (December 15, 1896, page 306) The Watchtower has also said that the fact that some have Jehovah's spirit "does not mean those now serving as Jehovah's witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine The Watchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes." (May 15, 1947, page 157) "The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic." (August 15, 1950, page 263) "The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)"-February 15, 1981, page 19.

• sd-7
    sd-7

March 22, 1993 Awake, page 4, "Why So Many False Alarms?"

"Jehovah's Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus' second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah'. Never did they say, 'These are the words of Jehovah.'"

Is that so? Care to explain this one, then?

*** w84 5/15 pp. 6-7 1914-The Generation That Will Not Pass Away ***
    From a purely human viewpoint, it could appear that these developments could hardly take place before the generation of 1914 disappears from the scene. But fulfillment of all the foretold events affecting the generation of 1914 does not depend on comparatively slow human action. Jehovah's prophetic word through Christ Jesus is: "This generation [of 1914] will by no means pass away until all things occur." (Luke 21:32) And Jehovah, who is the source of inspired and unfailing prophecy, will bring about the fulfillment of his Son's words in a relatively short time.-Isaiah 46:9, 10; 55:10, 11.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Oops. I was too late. Sorry, Mythbuster. Looks like we double-tapped on this issue. It was just such an easy target, is all...

-sd-7

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey there Mythbuster & SD-7,

thumbs up to the both of you

March 22, 1993 Awake, page 4, "Why So Many False Alarms?"

"Jehovah's Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus' second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah'. Never did they say, 'These are the words of Jehovah.'"

Explain this one also.

Sept 15 2010 Watchtower paragraph 8 page 13 states:

"Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah."

Don't you just love that writing dept. Great post Aussie

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

From www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk

The Watchtower Reprints, January 15, 1892, p.1355

"The date of the close of that ‘battle’ is definitely marked in Scripture as October, 1914. It is already in progress, its beginning dating from October, 1874."

• sacolton
    sacolton

Didn't every WATCHTOWER and AWAKE magazine have a disclaimer saying they were the MOUTHPIECE of Jehovah?

Also:

"The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah - How?" (1971) Jehovah Witnesses serve as the MOUTHPIECE of Jehovah and speak as a prophet IN THE NAME OF JEHOVAH.

Seems that whatever false prophecies the WATCHTOWER teaches, it turns every member of the rank & file into false prophets as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit