Christmas visit from the elders

by MrFreeze 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Thank you itsacult. I was unaware of that. But now that you have enlightened me it gives me a whole new perspective on the whole thing. Heck, I wouldn't mind being part of a cult, maybe I'll go back.

• pirata
    pirata

@MrFreeze, You may have fun if you accept the study. They'll be sorry they offered it!

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Mr. Freeze; greeting You seem to like the 607 1914 arguement and that's great. keep in mind from the 1870's till as late as 1943 the wt was teaching the time of the end started in 1799 using the year 539 A.D. and added the 1260 day from daniel and rev. to come up with this. they also used the 607 +2520 days to pridict the end of the world in 1`914 1915 not the time of the end which started in 1799 plus the 40 year harvest period from 1874 to finish out the gospel age and the end of the world in 1914 with jesus returning in 1874 and becoming king in 1878 http://www.freeminds.org/jehovah-s-witness-faq/history-of-jehovah-s-witnesses/watchtower-history-at-a-glance.html Mr. freeze you may enjoy this site also this one http://www.seanet.com/~raines/index.html

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Thanks JYD, I would definitely enjoy checking that out as even more affirmation but if the whole 607 thing isn't making a difference, why would anything else?

I'm well aware that anything I say will in no way change the way those elders feel. Why bother even continuing discussing with them? I don't know but at least they'll know how I feel.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

JYD said:

Now your getting it, these are the kind of questions I ask jw's hence stumping them or enlighten them.

My reply: For the record, I get it, I've always "gotten it" ... way before I even registered here. As a matter of fact I'm quite sure I could go head to head with the most ingrained long-term JW elder. You would be happy to know, that when it comes to the blood policy, I've recently got more than one current active JW thinking and re-considering.

But what I'm looking forward to is not 'stumping them' or 'enlightening them'. I anticipate moving forward to where I just truly don't give a shit. If a few years from now, I come across a JW and remember a couple questions or line of thought to 'engage them' then so be it. But what I really hope, more than anything else is that I'll just be completely gone from all things JW. That I'll be like, 'yeah I was a member of your church once - wasn't for me.' And if that's the last and only thought I entertain when I come across other JWs, then I'll know I'll have succeeded in moving on. If there's one thing JWs want - it would be to observe people that leave still wrapped up in their way of thinking. JWs would love to feel like their religion still mattered to those who they came in contact with. As if they left a permeating thought - that nags you, tells you to difuse it - to argue it - but whatever you do, you're still paying attention to it. If I'm like that after a couple more years, if I'm still worried about how I'm going to show those JWs all the BS that I completely 100% discovered on my own - I'll never have really moved on. If I'm out there ranting at weak faders and trying to chase down JWs in service - coming on here to triumph in my exploits and place myself higher up than other former JWs that don't practice an anti-Witnessing campaign - if that's all I end up as during the next year or longer - then do me a favor JYD - find me and hit me on the head with a tack hammer.

So now, to Mr. Freeze - keep on keepin' on. Do what you gotta do. Also, since I'm having a nice 2007 Cab right now, I'll raise my glass and say thank you to all those thousands of former JWs that came here, maybe posted for a bit, then truly moved on from all things JW. Here's to you guys, thanks for showing us how to really make a reply to JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit