Prince Dancing with Apostates

by Refriedtruth 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mac n cheese
    mac n cheese

I was in the Oakland, CA area visiting some relatives when Prince announced his concerts there two weeks ago. Of course, my cousins bought tickets. Larry Graham (Sly and the Family Stone, Graham Central Station), also a JW, was part of his show. Prince introduced Larry Graham, calling him his "friend and TEACHER...".

The show was fantastic. He would start a raunchy song, then say, "oh no, we can't do that", and then he would just go ahead and do the song anyway. I was never a big fan but now that I've seen him live, I will never miss another show. He's amazing as a musician and a showman.

BUT - if Prince IS fading, or letting the "standards" slide, how can Larry Graham continue to be around him? It was pretty clear Larry hung out for the rest of the show.

I'm sure he'll get away with as much as the Williams' sisters do.

Mac n Cheese

• rebel8
    rebel8

Sherri has spoken out against dubs on national tv. Hence she is an apostate by anyone's definition.

Next up: Awake, May 22, 2011 article entitled, "I Would Never Do it Again!"

“At another popular concert, the performer is seen dancing with a well-known apostate who promoted sex before marriage on national television and criticized Jehovah’s loving elder arrangement. He was seen dancing provocatively with this loose woman, engaging in dance moves that simulate oral sex and African fertility rites that have their roots in demonism. It was so shocking that some who saw it admitted that they were horrified at first. What was this dance intended to convey? And how does the performer, Prince, feel about it in looking back?

“I would never do it again, even if I was wearing a raspberry beret!” says Prince. “I just intended to do a good, fun short dance, not to purposely bring to the screen something to scare people or to do anything bad. I want to do what’s right. I would never do anything like that again.” Why not? “Because a lot of people were offended by it,” explains Prince. “That makes me feel bad. I don’t want them to feel that way. I realize now that it wasn’t a good idea. I’ll never do a dance like that again!” He continues: “In fact, I have blocked further distribution of the video over which I have control, including its release in some other countries. There’s all kinds of promotional stuff being proposed. But I tell them, ‘No, no, no. I don’t want to do anything on this dance. No more Sherri.’””

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Update

Prince on his way out? Big trouble for the Watchtower if he don't go quietly http://prince.org/msg/7/360929 "If the Witnesses could provide clarification. I just attended a Prince concert here in Los Angeles, Cali and Prince shouted out to the audience, "Where are all my Nasty Girls at?"

He also, played an music excerpt from the song Darling Nikki?

The funny comment Prince made was, "I'm in rehab..."

(Interesting that JW defenders trolls are at the Prince forum and have the gall to post WT.org links They are just like Scientology defending Tom Cruise)

And here:

Prince live at the LA Forum (May 27, 2011) -
    Getting the opportunity to see Prince live with my brother and my best friend, ... gone were the overly preachy Jehovah's Witness propaganda that Prince has ...
    according2g.com/.../prince-live-at-the-la-forum-may-27-2011...

To my disgust, however, he is still singing“Open up your Bibles and let God guide you to the Purple Rain,” but for die-hards like myself, “Purple Rain” has become one of the songs where you take a bathroom break because he’s played the song nearly at every show since its release in 1984.

The fact that he obviously had hip surgery (as he dances all over the stage - though does not do the splits anymore) and is using “the Prince symbol” as his stage design (when JWs are against symbolism) suggests that Prince has either been disfellowed or is on his way out of the religious cult. ..... One thing is certain (from my 50+ concert experiences of seeing Prince), you can clearly see the dollar signs in his eyes.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Just watched the Kevin Smith clips today...HE-LARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin is a great story teller.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit