Prince Dancing with Apostates

by Refriedtruth 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• flipper
    flipper

Prince gets a free pass from the WT society because he probably donates hundreds of thousands if not millions to them. The rules are different if he's supporting the WT society and alleged " kingdom interests. " It's ridiculous. Shows the hypocrisy of the WT organization

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

If you haven't clicked this quickie clip yet,do so and get your socks blown off.Prince Rogers Nelson directly violates the exact counsel of over a hundred circuit and district conventions talks and countless primary and secondary articles of Watchtower publications. IT BLOWS MY MIND! http://www.latenightgossip.com/prince/ On Jay Leno this month Prince gets funky for the Jehovah's Witnesses Kingdom
    If I was still a devout active dub I would be squirming
    Rock star Prince Rogers Nelson, the Williams sisters and other famous people have no problem telling the public about their connections with the Jehovah's Witnesses. How can it be that the organization, known as "mother" treats all of her children differently. "Mother" has always encouraged her children not to participate in worldly pursuits, such as being a rock star or a professional athlete. Why the double standards?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Those clips with Kevin Smith were great. Prince is so wierd.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

prince.org prince.org Cause if it is, Prince has been a very naughty Jehovah's Witnes s... neutral. EDIT: Listening to the lyrics more...this ain't written by no Jehovah's Witness ...
    prince.org/msg/7/349339?jump=3&pg=1

On January 3, 2009, (years after Prince Roger Nelson was baptized and going door to door) a new website LotusFlow3r.com was launched, streaming some of the recently-aired material ("Crimson and Clover", "(There'll Never B) Another Like Me" and "Here Eye Come ") and promising opportunities to listen to and buy music by Prince and guests

Here Eye Come lyrics by Jehovah's Witnesses songwriter composer Prince

Anticipation for what's to come
    It's been a long time since I've been with anyone
    Careful, a woman's got to be in this day and age
    That's why I was so elated when I got your page

Just thinkin' 'bout what we used to do
    Make me wanna, make me wanna take a shower
    And just lose myself in a fantasy
    Your hands all over me, but for now I will have to do

Here I, here I, here I come

Motivation, that's what you are to me
    And I can just think about you babe and get weak in the knees
    No seriously I'm sittin' down right now
    On the floor of the shower just, wow

Don't ever stop what you're doin'
    Don't ever stop what you're doin'
    Oh, I feel like that dirty blonde girl in '9 ½ Weeks'
    A minute goes just like an hour
    [ Prince Lyrics are found on www.songlyrics.com ]
    And the water pours all over me in the shower

Dear diary, the one in my mind
    Electric rush inside me is goin' crazy
    I gotta find a way to make it stop
    If I don't I'm gonna pop like a cork on a bottle of Chardonnay
    In the air then I drop down to my knees

It's been a long time since I've been with anyone

Here I, here I, here I, here I come, here I come
    Here I come

Here I, here I, here I come, here I come

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was outraged by Michael Jackson. My impression is that Prince is considered to have musicality more than Jackson did. Jackson did pop songs. I have difficult dancing, decades after leaving. The Beatles came to the States just when I was a preteen. I adored them. They brought me sheer joy. My father detested them, esp. John Lennon. When I first saw Michael Jackson grab his crotch in a puproseful manner while dancing, my eyeballs popped out.

I guess I could have murdered someone if I gave the Society enough money. The hypocrisy is clear. They don't make any attempt to varnish it. Part of me wants to believe that Bethel brothers mean well. This is lunacy.

On the other hand, Prince is a major rock star. The Williams' sisters reign in tennis. Michael Jackson had fantastic success. When I was growing up, the only celebrities the Witnesses had were Micky Spillane, a potboiler writer, and the owner of Dritz, sewing supplies company.

It would be nice if rank and file Witnesses could use Prince as an excuse for behavior they want. Prince isn't that important but he is illustrative of how the workings of a cult. Do you notice it is African-American stars? It reflects a trend, too.

• undercover
    undercover
    Prince Dancing with Apostates

I think that's a good idea for an off season replacement for Dancing with the Stars: Dancing with the Apostates

• Refriedtruth
  • Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth
    First sister?
    Will Prince and ballerina live happily ever after?

Minneapolis Star Tribune - Now that Symbolina's a devout, door-knocking Jehovah's Witness, surely their relationship is completely chaste. And even if not, the mental imagery of ...

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

This is last month Feb 2011 incident Is This Jehovah Approved? –> Prince Covers Rihanna « Dirty ...
    I thought Jehovah told Prince to stop performing Darlin' Nikki and all his other freak songs that we love, no? So I'm puzzled why Prince and his fabulous ...dirtywhorelebrity.com/.../is-this-jehovah-approved-prince-cov... "... Prince and The New Power Generation covered none other than Ms. Rhi Rhi’s “Rude Boy” and did a pretty good job. Well, with Shiela E. on drums, Prince on guitar how can you go wrong? Check it out as security guards Dougie in the isles, or what ever it is that they did was called." It looks like Prince Rogers Nelson is living the typical Jehovah's Witness 'double life'. Hey... like Jesus said," You can't serve two masters"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Refriedtruth - "Prince does for Jehovah's Witnesses what Tom Cruise does for Scientology."

LOL!

Seriously, though, I don't know if that's entirely the case; outside of his rabid fans, most people think Prince is pretty f**kin' weird. Cruise, on the other hand, is at least respected by some nonfans. Prince's antics can't help but be way more embarassing to the WTS than Cruise's eccentricities are to Scientology.

Besides, Scientology's "theology" itself arguably gives people far more pause than the WT's; at least the WT's framework still contains some significant elements of standard Christianity. Here's some rhetorical questions to twist your noggins; is Prince weird because he's a JW or was he already that way? Is Cruise eccentric because he's a Scientologist or was he already that way? Were they attracted to their respective religions because of their own non-standardness or because the religions themselves were already non-standard?

I remember when I'd first heard about The Purple One being a JW; I refused to believe it. "Never in a million years" was what I thought when I imagined him trying to get approved for baptism. Then it turned out to be true, and I was like "WTF???? What strange, f**ked-up paralell universe did I just slide into???"

Here's a great zinger one could pose to any JW who comes knocking; "Prince is a baptized active JW; yet he's been photographed wearing a crucifix, sings songs about licentious sex, dresses and behaves in an extreme manner, and performs and associates with known XJWs a.k.a. "apostates"; why has he not been disfellowshipped by now?"

You'd probably get the standard "not programmed for this question" facial expression, followed by the default "I'll do some research and get back to you" response. Nothing like planting an annoying little seed in the soft tissues of the brain, though, plus you've probably guaranteed yourself an unofficial "Do Not Call" notation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit