December 15th WT gives example of sister who quit her job so she could go to an convention.

by life is to short 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was beyond mad when I heard this. It is on page 30 of the WT.

It says "A pioneer named Roxana is one who has seen how Jehovah provides for his people. When she asked her employer for permission to take some days off to attend one of our conventions, he angrily retorted that if she went, he would fire her. Roxana went anyway, fervently praying that she might keep her job. After that, she felt calm. Sure enough, on Monday after the convention, her boss did fire her. Roxana was perturbed. She needed that job, low-paying though it was, to help support her family. Again she prayed, and she reflected on the fact that God had provided for spiritually at the convention, so he could surly provide for her physically. As she walked home, Roxana saw a "Help Wanted" sign for experienced operators of industrial sewing machines, ans she applied for a job. The manager realized that she no experience but offered her a job anyway, at almost double the wages she had been earing. Roxana felt that her prayers had been answered. The greatest blessing, however, was that she was able to share the good news with several of her fellow workers. Five of them, including the manager, accepted the truth and were baptized."

NOW FOR THE DISCLAIMER The next paragraph says "At times ut might seem that our prayers are not being answered-at least not right away or in the way we expect. If so, doubtless there is a good reason. Jehovah knows it, but it may become clear to us only in the future. Of one thing we can be sure-God does not abandon his faithful ones.-Heb. 6:10."

I was so pissed when I heard this. So basically they are telling us to give up our jobs for the GB and well Jehovah usually provides but He might not provide because of some reason that we do not totally understand but we will understand it latter on but the bottom line is we need to commit financial suicide.

It is beyond crazy making. Where I live there are about 10 to 15 different conventions if you have to go to one. Work with your boss to make it happen. But no many will take this WT and run with it either to bully a brother who is a family head with a low wage job or a single sister with kids to quit their job after all the FDS says it right here in the newest light that Jehovah will never leave us if we put him first. And we must attend the convention that we are assigned to.

When I was just out on my own and I had no help from anyone, I wanted to pioneer more than anything. I prayed and prayed and applied to every job I could. It is a long story but my parents were crazy and I found out latter that they went behind my back to the jobs I applied too, that was why I never got any good paying jobs. My parents wanted me to move back home with them and they hoped that I would not make it. If I had gotten a good paying job I would have moved away from them and they knew it. They were so totally crazy and the elders knew it all. Anyway Jehovah never intervened to help me. I would come home and cry my eyes out begging him for help. My parents were stalking me and I never knew it for awhile. It is a long crazy story but why could Jehovah not have helped me, even using His elders but no I guess I was not worthy of Him.

One other question I have is why in the WT's and Awakes do they not capitalize the H when they refer to Jehovah or God. Like in the first paragraph they say "God had provided for her spiritually at the convention, so he could," Should it not have been He could? They do that a lot in the magazines and books. Most worldly books capitalize the H when referring to God or the Lord as He or Him. Just wondering why they do not do it.

LITS

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You gotta stop reading that trash. Works for me.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

" Five of them, including the manager, accepted the truth and were baptized."

Now what are the chances of that happening? Five new converts including the manager. I find that totally implausable and impossible to believe. Not that I would dare call the gb liars!!!

• moshe
    moshe

The WT can always come up with a fake story to support their article.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the stupid examples of crossing crocodile infested waters/mine fields/civil wars/unbelieving violent mates/walked for 8000 miles in bare feet to attend a convention! all of these example are probably lies .

• Mary
    Mary
    The manager realized that she no experience but offered her a job anyway, at almost double the wages she had been earing. Roxana felt that her prayers had been answered. The greatest blessing, however, was that she was able to share the good news with several of her fellow workers. Five of them, including the manager, accepted the truth and were baptized."

Oh pu-lease. Sister Pioneer gets a job she's not qualified for at double the salary she was making for a job she was qualified for? And then converts 5 people in one fell swoop? Riiiiiiight...........Lemme guess: there's a footnote beside "Roxanna" saying that her 'name has been changed', right? It should say her "name has been invented to help our bullshit storyline."

• Curtains
    Curtains

The greatest blessing, however, was that she was able to share the good news with several of her fellow workers. Five of them, including the manager, accepted the truth and were baptized."

if this is true I can imagine how it happened. Roxanna probably never tired of telling her manager and workmates that they were divine instruments of Jehovah who used their humble workplace to ensure that she got a job. When they visited the meetings they probably would have felt like celebrities.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Being a JW has become one big glorification of the Governing Body and their "truth". god has been downgraded to play a less significant role, so no need to capitalize him any more. It is very sad they still continue with their destructive influence on so many lives. They use one example where it worked out fine and ignore the majority of the cases where people get ruined by following their unreasonable policies.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Those "I gave up my life for Jehovah" stories really get my blood boiling.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I had a friend when I was a young elder. He was a young Bro. married and breadwinner, not well paid but a steady job. An old ex pioneer Sister had moved in next door and influenced him to give up his job and "Trust in Jehovah" although he had no real plans for income. I advised caution, but......

After a few months when his savings ran out he was lucky enough to get his old job back. He was then a wiser man. I never saw that experience on the Assembly platform.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit