Your First Dealings with Apostates

by badcompany 17 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

I saw the "apostates" outside a number of Assembly grounds, I was always discouraged from talking to them by my parents, and later by my wife, I was of a mind to talk to them, thinking the same way as a poster above "If we have the truth, what have we to fear ?"

I think a lot of the early ones were members of another christian sect by then, and as Wizard said,queered their pitch by spouting the catch phrases about being born again etc. that our minds were conditioned to reject.

It is a shame that those early efforts and some later ones, were not correctly geared to deal with mind-controlled Dubs like I was.

We cannot blame the ones who tried, they were trying to share what they had learned about the WT, our minds were pre-programmed to reject their approaches.

Thanks for trying guys and gals, whoever you were, you had my best interests at heart !

I think a discussion forum such as this is so good for JW's to be directed to the facts by people who, in the main, do not want to get you to follow their way, but find your own path free from WT control.

• cantleave
    cantleave

There was always a guy at Southampton District Conventions in the 80's and 90's. Lots of bill boards with anti GB statements. Of course ignored him, shame I should have been more inquizitive.

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

We were always told to be on guard for them. In my mind, I wondered why it was such a big deal. I heard they they were at one of the convention days at the Seagate in Toledo, OH. I really looked for them, but there were eyes everywhere.

• dissed
    dissed

Outside of DC and Bethel protesters, my first encounter was at the KH during the Memorial. I was assigned to guard an apostate who had disrupted the meeting once before. (funny, they let her come again) I was standing only a few feet away and let her know I was watching, even during the prayer. There was no problems, but you could see, she definately was very upset.

Later, I asked a Bethelite, what she did before? She had yelled "F U ALL!" Shocked that someone would do that in J God's House at the time, but something I wouldn't mind doing now.

• designs
    designs

I first started seeing the Protesters in the post 75 era but they were nuttier than the Witnesses and had no appeal at all. Who would go from being a Witness to being a Fundamentalist eeesh.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

It must be over 25 years ago. I was in Field service with group of friends in need help-area. One person gave me one apostate book as contradonation for my magazines and asked politelly to read, I did, with no affect though. Later I have met such people in very near family, but that is totally another story.

CP

• blondie
    blondie

That's why access to the Internet is such a good thing> You can check the info against the history of the WTS, have access to books not in the libraries of many KHs, without an attendant to send you along.

I had access to the older publications and I saw what was said, not the cleansed quotes in the WT publications.

I only saw one picket at a convention in Green Bay in the early 70's; once again it was orderly with their handing out pamphlets. How many people know that in their early days that the Bible Students stook outside churches on Sunday and handed out publications...yet if someone else does the same it is wrong.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

The oldest books in my personal library are written by J.F.R. but I never considered them as apostate material

CP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit