February 2011 KM - no more daily text before service

by Red Piller 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

heard this today from a good source. My guess everybody is delaying leaving the service meeting - and this is an attempt to fix this.

That's what I see in our service groups - no one is in any rush to go out (again)

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

perhaps they will start with a daily fortune cookie instead....at least then you get a snack :D

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I used to conduct 3 to 4 field service meetings a week. I did this for years. They were dreadful. I finally ran out of things to say. I was so glad when another male started going out in service during the week so I didn't have to conduct.

-MF31-

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

maybe they realize that having a scriptural start to the day is

out of sync with the business of selling books...

I mean, who ever heard of sales meetings starting with the bible...it don't belong!

oz

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

They used to say a prayer at some of our business meetings at bank conferences.

I remember thinking "What tha heck?"

Snoozy

• flipper
    flipper

I tend to go along with Aussie Oz on this " having a scriptural start is out of sync with selling books. " And I'll go one step further - Discussing a Bible text takes the control and power away from the GB and gives it back to God . NOT discussing a Bible text opens up more WT society information to be discussed . Which is what they prefer to do anyway- discussing their OWN views, not the Bible. Most mind control cults like pushing their own views

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I had to do the daily text, it involved fitting the scripture in with field circus. Invariably, it meant taking it out of context and misapplying it to guilt others into doing more field circus.

But on the other hand, it does waste time. Usually, it wastes a good 10 minutes. Not that stragglers don't, but the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger probably wants to eliminate this waste of time. Rather, they would have the witlesses in the territory at 9:10 AM so they can wake up people that much sooner (like on Christmas Day, so they can have a better chance of holding up the children getting to their presents). It also forces the witlesses to get up 15 minutes earlier, depriving them of that much sleep, so they can be that much more tired and not think clearly.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

No "Daily Text Brainwash" before service? This may lead to independant thinking for the Watchtower robots out in service!

• dozy
    dozy

I assume that this is an instruction not to use the text in meetings for field services but rather to find some more appropriate material. If so , then there isn't really much of a change as doing the text in a meeting for field service was always optional.

km2/89p.2QuestionBox It is not necessary to discuss the daily text at each meeting. If the text for that day obviously provides a basis for giving encouragement in field service, it may be considered briefly.

• zoiks
    zoiks

In the year before my exit, our CO specifically told us NEVER to use the daily text at meetings for FS. We were to prepare material from an appropriate WT article, or a talking point from the Reasoning book, or something similar. Daily text was considered a last resort, but heavily discouraged.

The result was that the already overworked brothers were having to essentially prepare yet another meeting part for field service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit