Christmas Flash Mobs in Shopping Malls *Must See, Very Amazing*

by Yizuman 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE

This video has over 20 million views since it was posted on YT on November 11th, 2010.

I've tracked down the lyrics for this video, since some of you know, I'm deaf. This helped me follow this chorus when reading some of their lips...

Hallelujah (Aleluya)
    Written by George Friedrich Handel ( 23 February 1685 – 14 April 1759)
    ... Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah
    Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah

For the lord God omnipotent reigneth
    Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah

(For the lord God omnipotent reigneth)

(Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah)
    Hallelujah

The kingdom of this world;
    is become
    the kingdom of our Lord,
    and of His Christ
    and of His Christ

And He shall reign for ever and ever
    And he shall reign forever and ever

King of kings forever and ever hallelujah hallelujah
    and lord of lords forever and ever hallelujah hallelujah
    and lord of lords forever and ever hallelujah hallelujah
    and lord of lords
    King of kings and lord of lords

And he shall reign
    And he shall reign
    And he shall reign
    He shall reign

King of kings forever and ever
    and lord of lords hallelujah hallelujah

Forever and ever and ever and ever
    (King of kings and lord of lords)

Hallelujah

Next video below is from almost 2 months ago at a Macy's somewhere in Philly that had 650 participates singing the exact same song....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU

Not as many views as the first one, but over 6 million, which is alot given the time frame of when this video was posted.

What I really enjoyed is the look on the spectator's faces when they're suddenly surrounded by people bursting into song, leaving smiles in their faces and for some wiping away their tears. I found that quite moving.....

This is the Christmas Spirit that I knew growing up, which is sadly, becoming more and more rarer in this day and age.

I remember as a child going downtown at the town's square peering into the windows staring at various Christmas decors which contains both animated and non-animated displays (my favorite is the Santa Train, real smoke bellowing out of the stack, complete with cars loaded with presents accompanied by elves and Santa at the end of the caboose waving a lantern. Also seeing animated Nutcracker scenes). Also sitting at Santa's lap signing to him with the help of my Mom interpreting for me telling him what I wanted for Christmas. At last, my favorite, is homemade hot chocolate being sold by a corner vendor cart which really made my night before heading back home.

I sure the miss the ol' days whereas the Christmas Spirit wasn't as much commercialized as it is today and the Christmas air was more calmer than thousands of stressed out shoppers at Walmart.

Yiz

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

People suck, this is a given, and we have the amazing talent of screwing up everything !

Christmas is no exception.

Lets just put the blame where it needs to go, on US.

Nice videos :)

• heathen
    heathen

People screwed up christianity with crap like christmas and the belief they could hijack pagan festivals by christianizing them. The whole santa claus thing disgusts me greatly. Now if everyone just took the money they waste on slave labor crap from china and sent it to the people in Haiti who are suffering and ugly existence we might make the world slightly better.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I too have fond memories of going downtown Yiz..it was beautiful. It's a shame todays kids won't have that experience due to a few that just have to wreck havoc where ever they go. . Vandals have vandalized so much that the business owners are afraid to have displays anymore. A town I used to live in had a manger scene everyear in the front of the city hall. This went on for many years..a few years ago the baby was stolen from the manger..after a few years they gave up.

I remember the beautiful moving scenes in the window that would just put the grouchiest of people in the holiday mood. We rode the streetcar to get there..

As for the flashdancing..we had our very own the other day from a lady that goes by "Happy Lady". She gets on the city streetcorners and does her little happy dance on the corner..she is becoming famous here as "The Happy lady". She has even been posted on you tube now. Finally the other day she had a little "Flash dance" group join her..

A smile can make someones day..I try to remember that when the things start getting grouchy out there.

Snoozy

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Yiz thanks for posting the videos..makes me want to go shopping again just in case..

Snoozy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I don't begrudge the commercial people, I mean, they have to make a living right?

Sure it gets exagerrated but that is people being people.

Christmas is about love, caring, compassion for each other and for Christians, about celebrating the Birth (not birthday) of their Lord Jesus Christ.

It is a time for family to remember how blessed they are and for people to give to those less fortunate than they are, to share not only material goods, but love, kindness and companionship.

A time to goodwill and peace to ALL, a time of being better then we are because we truly can be better.

Can't find that uber-cool toy that every kid wants? no problem, take your kid to the local youth home for him'her to realize how blessed they truly are and whiel you are there, help out in any way you can.

Think that Christams has become too much about things? I agree, so what are you doing about it to make it better?

On a side note, I love christmas songs and music :)

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Well yeah, we can't hold it against people making a living, it's just that I have a bit of a problem with so much exploitation of Holidays. Is it wrong of me to think that such a holiday like Christmas is so commercialized that we're losing the truest sense of what Christmas really means?

Yiz

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Another one just yesterday at the Orlando Airport....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmtgNmKMFRw

Yiz

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

One of these massive ones happened near me. Singers bussed in from a few surrounding states to participate. It was planned on-line.

According to the local newspaper, which did interviews with participants, the singers are affiliated with a group called "Public Acts of Christianity" (or something like that) and are doing this across the country as a proselytizing effort. So this isn't entirely about "Christmas spirit," and more about preaching their viewpoint by targeting it at places with the largest number of people around. Due to that, it makes the JWs seem almost shy!

(Note that I'm not saying it's "wrong" or "bad" or anything like that. I just find it funny that so many people around the U.S. think this is a great idea, yet claim to hate proselytizing.)

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Dunno how I missed this one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-JNrOV8Gh0

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit