JW's Came to the Door

by pr0ner 62 Replies latest jw friends

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

Boy she didn't know what she was walking into. It was a wealthy (she drove a Lexus and was very well dressed) middle aged woman with a younger girl. She used the typical line this time of year asking if I knew where the origins of Christmas came from. I explained to her that I was well aware of the pagan origins which shocked her, then I mentioned how I really didn't care since my celebration of Christmas has nothing to do with Christ. I then set up the trap asking her why she didn't celebrate it just because of the pagan thing. She explained so then I asked if it was OK for her to wear a wedding ring. She said of course, so I told her that had pagan origins so what was the difference. Her cognitive dissonance really kicked in and she started using the, "well almost everything has pagan origins we couldn't live if we took away everything". It was pretty funny so then I told her she was creating levels for sins, my sin of celebrating Christmas was somehow worse then her wearing a wedding a ring. This concept just went totally over her head, although I know it didn't because she was still trying to justify it to me which meant she was thinking it over. I also told her about Romans and the meat sacrificed to idols that Paul had to allow some things so that the Romans could migrate into the Christian congregation without being totally vilified, so it was basically like allowing folks to have Christmas trees as long as the spirit of why you had it was fine. It was a bit of flawed logic and a stretch but she bought it and finally admitted that there was nothing wrong with it. This however lead to the DF convo which she was very strong on. I also forced her into a corner about it and drove home the point about how with out transparency it's always doomed to hurt people which is not what Christianity is about. I wish she would make a RV on me.

This is the second time it's been an older woman with a younger sister. Both times the younger one just sat there kind of in awe that I was going toe to toe. It's those situations I like cause there is the chance the younger one might take a little bit in and question their logic.

• Yan Bibiyan
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Good job.

• chickpea
    chickpea

well done!

an appeal to logic is much more effective than an attack...

merry happy joyous awesome hanakwanzachristisolstice

• debator
    debator

She should have pointed out that Christmas is a pagan celebration now! That you hold no belief yet celebrate it proves this, among others that do the same.

Days of the week are also pagan if we got ridiculous about avoiding all worldly things we would have to completely separate ourselves for the world and The Bible makes allowance for this. But it isn't a license to partake of the worldly/ Pagan sacred days and celebrations they do for their beliefs.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa said:

She should have pointed out that Christmas is a pagan celebration now!

My reply: Why? She would be lying.

Reniaa said:

That you hold no belief yet celebrate it proves this, among others that do the same.

My reply: Only in your cultwashed mind.

Reniaa said:

Days of the week are also pagan if we got ridiculous about avoiding all worldly things we would have to completely separate ourselves for the world

My reply: As usual, the WT gets to draw the line.

Reniaa said:

and The Bible makes allowance for this. But it isn't a license to partake of the worldly/ Pagan sacred days and celebrations they do for their beliefs.

My reply:

The Bible certainly does give allowance for days- read Roman 14 and you small mind may learn. Doubtful though.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

so the pagan celebration of Xmas celebrated in the House of Jeehovah up until the 1940's was ok then?

Governing Body members Greenleas and Chillty abusing and sodomizing in The House of Jerkhoobah was ok as well? because these 2 perverts practiced it for years, just to think that after secret Governing Body sessions that enforced the Blood ban and saw tens of thousands die and further secret GB sessions that saw decisions that brought untold suffering to your brothers in Malawi would end with Chitty and Greenleas going to their rooms to rape boys in there, if a scandal broke out that was identical in a "church of Christendom" it would make from pages of WT's for years yet the WTS has a unique scandal of their very own that they continue to hide.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa, if Christmas was so wrong why was the WT chosen by Jesus to be his earthly channel in 1919? They celebrated till at least 1929.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

C'mon Isaac, you should know this was old light...

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Wow pr0ner, you rock.

I wish I could have opportunities like that and I may in years from now but at this point unless we move we are so well known in the area I have to watch what I say to anybody even somewhat related to this insidious cult.

Congratulations to you for remaining so calm and logical in your discussion with these poor people. You have planted some good seeds, let's hope they grow.

LD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit