The expression 'need greaters'. Anyone else heard this?

by jambon1 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

I knew of witnesses in Australia who moved from the southern states of Victoria and New South Wales to Queensland, where it was warmer. There were so many witnesses there that the move was described as "moving to where the greed was greater".

Awake at last

Central Coast

NSW Austraiia

• Listener
    Listener

Having lived in the southern State of Victoria, I wouldn't say greed was the motivation. The weather is pretty awful, even Tasmania is better.

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

Didn't know anyone from Tassie, but you could be right. The weather is pretty stupid here in NSW as well. One couple from my old cong moved to Tasmania, we never saw them again, so it couldn't have been too bad there.

Everyone I knew who went to Queensland went to either the Gold Coast or Hervey Bay. Gee, that was a tough life for them.

• Listener
    Listener

I'm in Western Australia, the weather is generally pleasant, although hot and dry in Summer. The landscape is not as pretty as the East Coast but nice enough. Queensland is an attractive place and people there seem to be much more carefree.

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

Hi Listener

Nice to speak with someone from Australia.

• smiddy
    smiddy

My family and I moved to S.E.Queensland from victoria and stayed for 37 years , big mistake coming back to victoria.We would be back their in a flash if I can find a buyer for my beautiful house ? Any takers ?

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit