jehovahs witnesses giving a "bad witness "

by looloo 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• looloo
    looloo

i was talking to a workmate yesterday about my jw experiance and my daughters abuse , she told me that she works as a counsellor and had been discussing jws with a colleage , this person had given counselling to a jw woman who was a victim of domestic violence by her jw husband , the elders had done nothing to help the woman and simply told her to stop moaning about it ! the counseller was disgusted that in this day and age women are still treated like that ! the jw lady eventually left her husband , took the children with her and got disfellowshipped !!!! my workmate was not impressed by witnesses and said she never wants to talk to them at her door after what shes heard ! how many people have heard similar storys like this and shut the door on jws preaching ? and as the jws wander off they will be thinking that people just hate them because they have the "truth" and are persecuted when in actual fact its because of people knowing more about what goes on in their religion than the jws do ! i always explain to them just why im not interested so as not to give them the satisfaction of writing me off as a "goat " ! when i was involved with them they seemed very concerned about giving a "bad witness" so why dont they do something about it ?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

my ex wife consistantly gives a bad witness

enough that my JW mum even says so!

mine is a bad witness of child access to me. I met a number of single mothers when i was single who even though intensly disliking their ex's who had done far worse things than falling out of love and leaving a religion, made damn sure that the kids spent lots of time with their fathers.

Mine was an exercise in hate and malice, the fact that she is a JW was not lost on these mothers!

there are more people out there that wont give the witnesses a go at the door because of her bad witness.

The reason nothing is done is that THEY DONT THINK THEY ARE A BAD WITNESS!

Its the world that is fucked up, not THEM.

oz

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I always thought that Katherine Jackson was giving a very, very public "bad witness" because she refused to leave Joe Jackson and failed to protect her children from his crazy abuse in the "name of God". I hated the fact that it was an example of tolerance to child abuse due to JW loyalty. A bad example to other wives and mothers.

• Listener
    Listener

Some interesting comments. So how best can a JW demonstrate being a true witness of God? By going from door to door or living their life according to bible principles?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Forget going door to door!

If they want to not be a bad witness, the organization as a whole and individuals need to look at how the 'worldly' people do it, and DO IT BETTER.

If they are going to tell the world how they are the chosen religion and the one to join they should bloody well put up the deeds of proof or shut the fuck up. (sorry for the colorful metaphores but their hypocrasy riles me bad)

my case for example: They can see that the court system favour mothers over fathers, they can see how people manipulate and use the children as weapons to hurt the other spouse. They should be a study in model behaviour and an example that the worldly courts and councellors mention as 'if only everybody was like that' !

Instead its "oh my! thats awful...and they claim to be christian?"

Yes they should live more by the principles they claim to but dont... now i want to go out and smack some with lumps of wood.

$%#@*&^%

oz

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

My neighbours were given a very bad witness when I was in hospital. To come home I needed someone to take responsibility for giving me my medication each day. The witnesses were all too busy so my lovely worldly next door neighbour signed the form so I could be discharged.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Based on those stories from you guys and gals, no way can we believe that their claim to being God's true representative is genuine. Far from it. Theyy are not a good example, that proverbial 'salt' or the 'light of the world'.

Scott77

• Quando
    Quando

I am emeshed around stories like this....I am really starting to believe that "false religion" has nothing to do with religion as a whole but the individual person's actions and principles.

I am slowly breaking away from the drunk crowd of JW's I have not been with them in 4 months and very limited phone conversation just seeing them on my facebook...I think they are a great example of living "false religion"

• life is to short
    life is to short

When my elder husband was in the hospital the Chaplin of the hospital could not understand why no one from my religion was with me. She said most people who belong to a religion have support I had no one.

There is no love in this religion. The PO's wife told me she could not come to be with me as she had to go out in service.

LITS

• garyneal
    garyneal

Many accounts of where my in-laws gave a bad witness. But in all fairness, I see this behavior in others, even those who claim to be Christian.

So I find myself wondering why I hold witnesses to a higher standard?

Perhaps it is because they go about claiming to be the only TRUE Christians. They say that is not offensive but the obvious implication there is that those who are not witnesses are FALSE Christians. They say other subtle offensive things like that and when someone calls them on it, they say, "We never really said that." They sure do imply it, though.

I guess it is like what Christ said, "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit