Incredible Phone Call...Feedback Appreciated

by badcompany 25 Replies latest jw friends

• badcompany
    badcompany

I am a DA'd dub circa 1993 (born in). I have been an extremely successful business owner over the years but about 6 months ago augered in from about 60k feet. My JW parents have been aware of my situation. My father has been an elder since 1972 in VERY conservative congo's. He's been the PO of his congo now for a long time and it is VERY conservative as well. I got a call tonight from Dad. He wanted me to know that if I needed a roof over my head or food to eat I was welcome in his home. He knows my lifestyle and is not JW certified by ANY means. Umm.... this sounds different from what i've heard recently on this site (which I have found to be the source of the latest info). Is my Dad a renegade elder or did something change recently?

• scary21
    scary21

Bad Company, like that name.LOL....Were you baptised? Was your DA anounced in the kingdom hall? still a little out of control............................

• asilentone
    asilentone

Maybe he was hoping that you would return to the flock if you live with him again. Bad idea! If you have no choice but to live with him, Good Luck!

• badcompany
    badcompany

Hi Scary, Yes I was baptised in '71. DF'd in '80, re-instated '83 for family reasons. DA'd for purely PO'd reasons and held fast because of this site.

I'm old enough to no better but... I live my life on the edge. When I get on a rollercoaster I ask if the construction is complete.... on the way down.

Asilentone, The old man gave up on that a long time ago (and YES it's a bad idea). He was sincere in my mind. He is not a smoke and mirrors U

s'r. Straight from the hip Matt Dillon style.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I think that was very loving of you dad. Maybe he's starting to question things himself or maybe he just loves you more then he cares about what others think

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is unusual, but there is huge variance as to how JWs treat the disfellowshipped. According to the latest elders book "Shepherd the Flock", undue association can lead to an elder loosing their privileges.

"Assist those having undue association with dis-fellowshipped or disassociated relatives." p114 "If members of the congregation are known to have undue association with disfellowshipped or disassociated relatives who are not in the household, elders should counsel and reason with those members of the congregation from the Scrip- tures. Review with them information from the "God's Love" book, pages 207-208; The Watchtower of April 15, 1988. pages 26-30; or the article "Display Christian Loyalty When a Relative Is Disfellow- shipped" in the August 2002 Our Kingdom Ministry. If it is clear that a Christian is violating the spirit of the disfellowshipping decree in this regard and does not respond to counsel, it may be that he would not qualify for congregation privileges, which require one to be exemplary. He would not be dealt with judi- cially unless there is persistent spiritual association or he openly criticizes the disfellowshipping decision. p.116
  • scary21
    scary21

But you were re-instated. Was your DA formal , do it your self, or did you just fade???? Maybe your dad's the all loving father. I've been a edge liver in the past myself. Is that a word? (liver) Read my 1st post on the last page(out of control)

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I think you can bring in a DA or DF'd relative for financial emergency. Maybe he's looking for that loophole to spend more time with you. Kinda sweet.

• asilentone
    asilentone

GrandmaJones, that is what I was thinking too.

• Curtains
    Curtains

lots of elders are waking up to the truth about the truth. Perhaps this has happened to your father and he is reaching out to you. Call him and dig around a little as he may not be sure how you feel about the truth. If you DA'ed because of lifestlye and not because of doctrine he may be unsure how you feel about spiritual truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit