Surely the most damning statement ever published by the WTS

by S EIGHT 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest
    even announcing a specific date.... Yet, nothing happened. They were guilty of false prophesying.

Oh, no, no, no, no, no... dear S8 (peace to you!). Because while they may have announced a specific YEAR (which they vehemently deny, even though it is absolutely alluded to in their publications), that's not the same as announcing a specific "date." Well, at least, that's what they'll tell ya. So, with your permission, I have to say that I think your quote is... ummmmm... maybe the second-most damning, if I may be so bold.

IMHO, the "most" damning statement (but I could be wrong, so maybe we need to have a "most damning statement" contest now?)... is the one on pages 69-70 of the "Proclaimer's" Book, where they remind everyone of the first Kingdom Tract in which they took issue with the clergy of Christendom... who they referred to in the Tract as:

"A bigoted group of men who systematically throttle all Bible teaching... unless it comes through them."

Say what??? Yeah, I almost choked on my tongue when I read that, too!

Now, unlike the false prophesying of a specific date thing, there really isn't any weaseling out of this one. It's literally in print. Twice. So, now, Miss Josie (the greatest of love and peace to you and yours, my dear!)... please feel free to post your little cartoon right here:

[Space for Josie's cartoon]

Anyone got another, better one?

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA, who really isn't trying to one-up dear S8 but maybe stir up a couple/few more "most damning" statements... you know, for dear Nickolas, who's looking for that kind of thing...

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

These are good ones...but it seems that most peoples (Jw's) minds are not able to see why they matter.

• I know for me it took several things over many years then just 'POP' my mind just said "what the heck is this?" and then I just started searching for answers and was not really expecting to find out what I have.

Sw

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I've said it before, and I say it again, their own literature condemns them!

Bill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit